Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 11:05:27 PM

Author Topic: GI Joe size & Kenner size Real Ghostbusters Accessories  (Read 22353 times)

Re: GI Joe size & Kenner size Real Ghostbusters Accessories
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2013, 06:55:00 PM »
It looks like my time and money have been wasted on buying a CNC that I cant use cause there is NO links to tutorioals for G-code

I bought a CNC machine with known faults and diagnosed & fixed the system.
I was so proud when I got it all working with the steppers finally not loosing steps.

Then I looked at my perfect working CNC mill and thought "I have no means of generating the code to make this work"

Rather than cry I proceeded to research the market, with generous help from people here, and I bought CAD/CAM software that will allow me to create the models of what I want and translate them into G-Code that my mill can run.
I'm learning to use CAD/CAM now and I've asked questions about how to use features but for some reason it's never occurred to me to ask someone else to do all the work for me, I think you should ask sensible questions like "How do I generate G-Code" (answer earlier and later in this sentence and in the preceeding paragraph) and what CAD/CAM software might be best for your requirements and budget, learning G-Code will help you understand, correct and modify what you're feeding to your CNC machine but it's a serious error to believe that you're going to learn G-Code and promptly type out a programme for the project you've asked about.
It's a steep learning curve, enjoy it ;-)
Nick
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2013, 07:32:55 PM »
Gerry, you're a prince.

edited as to not add fuel to the fire
 :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 08:09:22 PM by Overloaded »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2013, 07:46:01 PM »
OH dear Custombuilder cry me another RIVER of tears ,oh is me. Sport I have been in this business for probably longer than you have been alive.

You are ONLY interested in someone ELSE doing the hard work and you get the bucks and praise  in return. I have seen it a million times over the years and YOU fit the profile to the "T".

Put you MAN PANTS on and do the hard work yourself. BUT if you need help we are still here.

Learning CNC is NOT an easy task . It has a VERY STEEP learning curve to do the high end stuff(3d work). Perhaps you are one of the ones that never can figure it out because you do not want to put in the long  "years" of hard work to learn it.

There are MANY people on this site that contribute years of their life JUST to help others learn it on MACH3's behalf.

My hat is OFF to them that serve others on this site that WANT to learn it.

NOW back to the regularly scheduled program.

(;-) TP