Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:59:48 AM

Author Topic: I went to cut my first operation and ..... nothing..  (Read 8158 times)

Re: I went to cut my first operation and ..... nothing..
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 06:49:15 PM »
Ok I found it but Im on my way out the door to  olive garden with my kids n wife . I would love for you to look at it any ways . My lead screws are metric 2.5mm from what I read. I personally didn't measure them .
I have my steps per @ 16393.44262 when I took the backlash out the tables and did the steps per unit axis calibration this what it gave me . If I Put my dial indicator on and tell it to move 1/2 in it moves a half inch now. So.. My guess is there right but give me a little bit I have to go eat then when I get back Ill go into the garage and get the xml file.
Im defiantly going to try what jim wrote.
Thank you for the help
Mark
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 09:46:48 PM »
hope you see something n this to help me .
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 02:39:58 AM »
I calculated my steps per an inch wrong . It was suppose to be 16,256 steps per inch. Ill run the program in the am to see if that fixed it but it still dosent explain why its crawling along.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2013, 02:49:45 AM »
As Jim said the code looks to be written in inch units by the size of it but it has a G21 at the start which will make it run as mm. So 2.5ich would only move 2.5mm. Likewise whatever feedrate you have will be seen as metric. I dont have the code here but think you mentioned 3, so instead of the intended 3 inch per minute feedrate your axis would only move at 3mm per minute.
 A simple change of the G21 in the code to a G20 should resolve these issues.
Hood
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2013, 10:32:06 AM »
Hood thank you I know Ive been asking allot of questions it must be annoying. Im sorry and thank you very much for the help.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2013, 10:39:27 AM »
Not at all, I think we can all remember when things were new to us :)
Hood
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 08:23:55 AM »
Thanks allot every one. Jim switching to G20 worked everything out for me . I also had to go int home switches & limiits and reverse two motors.
I think I got most of the other stuff figured out. ..... Except
The machine is now following the gcode from the cam software. but instead of the circle it was suppose to cut being in the center its up and to the left a little. Any sugestions?
It cuts great though . Im surprised this little machine is as good as it is. I cant wait to CNC my Miini Knee mil (6x26)
Heres a short vid of the DM.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 01:59:16 PM »
If the circle is not exactly where the code is saying it should be then you may be losing steps.
Looked at the video, kind of looks like it is pausing at the cardinal points of the arc, maybe you are in Exact Stop mode? Might want to try Constant Velocity if you are.
 Hood
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 04:53:02 PM »
yes I did switch it to exact stop .
thats what another person told me to do when setting up.