Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:28:46 PM

Author Topic: No Movement  (Read 3385 times)

No Movement
« on: August 22, 2013, 01:36:37 PM »
Hello All,

I've recently brought a cnc 3020t-dj on ebay and have set it up in mach3 with the settings they provided but when i try to jog on any of the axis the motors spin but there is no movement on any of the axis and im trying to figure out what i could be doing wrong.

Thanks for your help  :)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: No Movement
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 04:43:42 PM »
You say the motors spin but no axis movement?
That would suggest there is no connection between the motor and the axis screw.
I am wondering however if you are just meaning the DROs in Mach move but motors dont?
If so then please attach your xml and I will see if there is a problem with your config. Also a link to the manual (or attach it) for your hardware.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 04:24:55 AM »
The Dros in mach3 move and the motors move but the axis dont move. Ive attached the xml file and manual for you to check out.

Thank You

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 07:16:14 AM »
Ok so if the axis dont move but motors are then it is a mechanical problem, ie the connection between your motors and the ballscrews.

You are also using a pirate licence.

Hood
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 07:23:59 AM »
Oh do you mean there could be a wire or wire's loose in the motors?

Im using the software that was supplied with the machine do you think because it pirated that could be where the problem lies?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 07:33:30 AM »
If the motors turn and the DROs in Mach count but the axes dont move it is not an electrical or software issue but a mechanical issue, ie the connection between motor and screw that is to blame.

Your pirate licence will not be the cause of this issue but it will likely cause other issues and also you will not get any help from the majority of people if it is known you are using a pirate licence.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 08:22:06 AM »
Ok then.

I will uninstall the software that i have now and install the official one from the website

Thanks for the help anyway :)