Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 12:09:27 AM

Author Topic: Wild Rotory  (Read 16120 times)

Re: Wild Rotory
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2007, 07:51:03 PM »
Addictive for sure...lol  So neat being able to tweak the buttons to what you need.

I put Mach 3 on my day job machine today and got all working, limit & homing perfect. 

Can jog smoothly and homes smoothly and everyone is in awe of the toolpath screen that actually shows a whole cam!!! I know, its stupid but we like it.

I think the processor cant handle Mach 3 though cause under MDI or running a prog, it is real "steppy" in all axis. You know, like instead of smooth flow of movement, they step,step step.

I will dub with it some more but I think the 400 just cant handle it.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2007, 09:46:29 PM »
Hi, Escowizard

I would try setting the Kernal speed up to 35K under config, Ports and pins, first screen.

You need a Licenc Mach3 to do it and reboot, re-tune the Motor tuning vel and accl setings may help.

Ive got one ill try it on if I get a chance.

It's worth a shot, Chip
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2007, 10:47:35 PM »
But if you do a 35 kernel, isn't that telling Mach3 your PC is faster than what it is?

I thought the 25 kernel would make Mach3 run slower to match the pc better. Kind of a safety zone.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2007, 10:59:39 PM »
Hi, Escowizard

It seems to me with my slow computer it smoothed out the step output some, gotta dig out the slower computer and see.

If you copy your xml and then rename it, set it up to doo some tests, wont change any of your other settings on your original

Mach3Mill.XML File.

Thanks, Chip 
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2007, 06:01:14 PM »
Well,,, kept dubbing with it on Dayjob cam cutter but still got "steppy" motors.  Slowed the accel and vel from nothing up to missing steps.
I may bring in my 500 mhz to see if its better than the 400. If that don't cure it, I might bring in my 2.4 from home shop and try that.

If that works, then I will just build a 1 ghz or so for the Day job cam cutter. Cant find any settings that would affect the pulsing of all three steppers.
It runs great under Mach2.

Other than that>>>>>........................Life is good.

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2007, 02:37:36 AM »
a 400 mhz machine is really pushing the limits of mach3, it should be over a gig. How much ram does it have? I would recommend just building the 1+ gig machine with 512 of ram. You should be able to build one for ~$300 or so. I am sure you have spent at least that much in time messing around with the system.

Chad

Well,,, kept dubbing with it on Dayjob cam cutter but still got "steppy" motors.  Slowed the accel and vel from nothing up to missing steps.
I may bring in my 500 mhz to see if its better than the 400. If that don't cure it, I might bring in my 2.4 from home shop and try that.

If that works, then I will just build a 1 ghz or so for the Day job cam cutter. Cant find any settings that would affect the pulsing of all three steppers.
It runs great under Mach2.

Other than that>>>>>........................Life is good.

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2007, 10:18:41 PM »
Ya, you guys are right of course.

I will put that project on hold for a couple of weeks while I play with Mach3 at home.

Did another cam tonight at home shop and this version is some wonderful.

Its getting hard to leave the screen editor alone though. I keep tweaking. Not normal for me. lol

Should have a faster processor on the day job machine anyway. Been getting away with the discards from corporate out of Mass.

They keep sending up anything broke and say you can have it if you can fix it. Keeps my costs down. lol