Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:24:30 AM

Author Topic: Wild Rotory  (Read 16059 times)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Rotory
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 09:11:49 PM »
Hi, Escowizard

Make a backup/copy of the  1024chip32sv1.5Q.set,  Download Screen4 install it in your Mach3 folder.

If you haven't used it before, it will take some time to get up to speed.

When you start it up, I like to move the Workspace Window to the Right, click on workspace move it off the screen then back on, then

narrow it up .

Before doing anything click on the None Icon bottom of workspace window, If you don't you'll put DRO's all over the place, should default

to this, have asked "No-Joy" .

Best to run it by-it's-self, Mach3 not running, it ask's  confusing Questions other wise when you save the file.

I usually use the save-as option and ver # so you can go back if its messed-up.

Give it a try, Chip
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 10:40:13 PM »
"download screen 4"  ??

I don't see a screenshot called "screen4".  I am prob having a brain fade but..........now I am at the "download page".

ahh, ok, under Screen Designer. Sorry........on a brain fade for sure lol

I will work on it and follow your suggestions, thanks.
This could be a "How to for dummies".   I think we have gotton off of the original post / question but if no one minds I will keep going.

I do have the "homing / limit"switches to the point that they activate the lights on my Bob Campells breakout board and the printer port pin notification icon on the Diagnostics page. I am only using X andZ.

I will be dammed if I can get the switches to do a homing or overtravel.  I even did the auto setup in the ports and pins page but it said the correct port and the correct pin but still did not do anything.

Is Mach3 finicy on this?

If the setting screens were not so diff from Mach 2 it might be easier to setup but I haven't changed anything and when I run Mach2, all work and home as normal.

I must be missing some setting in the ports and pins. Got to be. I will find it .....but the camcutting works perfect, the screen you sent works way cool and the "Multipass" is just the balls.

If it never homes again I will still be a very happy camper for sure.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007, 11:11:11 PM »
Hi, Escowizard

Under Config, Ports & Pin's, check to see if the Enabled are Checked and Emulated are Un-checked X.

You may also need to change the state of Low Active also.

If thy Home to the wrong Direction, Under Config, Home & limits, Check the Home Neg as needed, Auto Zero can be selected hear also.

Give it a Try, Chip

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2007, 04:29:04 PM »
We have a winner!!!!

It appeared to be the "emulation" needed to be unchecked. I had "emulation" and "low active" both checked cause my original settings in Mach2 were set the same or as close to as I could figure out. lol

Going from Mach2 to Mach3 was difficult because I took screen shots of ALL settings and figured I had it made, just plug them all in.
I did not think that I would really have to think. lol

I really appreciate your help. Homing works great now. I am going out to take screenshots of all of Mach 3 settings for future Oops and helping me set it up at day job. I love the extra "tool path" screen. Real nice.

I am going to work on the screen customiser tonight if I get time.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 04:46:53 PM »
Copy your xml to a floppy, cd, pin drive and take it to work and load it. It would also be good to have it for an external back up for yours.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2007, 05:59:46 PM »
Oh what a great idea!

Now that should save me a lot of inputs, right?  All 3 of our controllers were all built about the same except mine at home is the only 4 axis.
Mine was the first for r&d. We tested it at Day job for like 6 months to prove it out. We loved it. It was so way better than Flashcut and from what we spent $8k less this time around.
For under a grand, we had controller,steppers and better control with more options. Most all of our cam progs are like 40-70 lines but I figured eventually, at home anyway, I would be doing more so I purchased a licence. I still haven't hit 1,000 lines of code but the support and quality is worth 10 times (or more) than what I paid.

We used the old Bandit controllers (Allen Bradly) for power supplies and the case. Then Geckos and Campbell's breakout board and a lot of dubbing around.
Some call it R&D but lets face it, trial and error is dubbing around. lol

At least going through the conversion at home will help me make it more smoothly at day job. Thanks to all the help you guys have given me.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2007, 06:21:53 PM »
Yes, that shouid save you a lot of set up time if they are the same. Just be careful. It all depends on how each is wired. I would load the mach 3 xml. from the home PC to the one at work and then compare the ports and pins in the new Mach 3 profile verses the old Mach 2 profile.

Brett

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2007, 07:42:18 PM »
sounds good.
The same tech that helped wire mine did all the same. He is very anal that way and very meticulous.
He could wire one up ten years from now and he wont change. Good for now, not necessarily in ten years though. lol

I will check (screen shot) all the settings at work with mine at home anyway.

I did screen shot all settings a year or two ago at work but will do updates. I am always tweaking and making stuff better. ITs the big leaps I move slow on.

I did a full cam tonight and it did the multipass and homed to perfection.

My next will be modifying the screens to remove what I don't use, I.E. spindle speeds etc.

Thanks
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2007, 10:33:20 PM »
All I can say is WOW!

That Screen editor is great! I am just playing around with it and I love it! I can get rid of what I don't use and as I get better at it, add what I would like to use.

Thanks a bunch guys.

I could prob do a dam commercial for Mach3 lol

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2007, 06:17:57 AM »
;D It is addictive isn't it.  ;D

Brett