Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:05:21 AM

Author Topic: Wild Rotory  (Read 16058 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Rotory
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 06:04:42 AM »
Hey Escowizard,
     I don't know if you are aware of this or not, you can't copy and paste a Mach 2 XML into Mach3. The first time you set up Mach 3 you will have to enter everything manually. I would back up my XML and any screensets you use before installing Mach 3. There shouldn't be any problems, just some quick, cheap insurance.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 09:19:18 PM »
I am working on it now..............upgrading to Mach3

License good for both???

Really? I thought I would need to pay $159 for the Mach3 licence.

wow
How is Art going to make any money this way?  lol

Really? same licence?

I did some playing with it this afternoon and I like the error warnings about prog errors. I had nested errors, too many ( ( ) in the same lines. It warned me! cool.
Mach 2 used to just mess up real bad and move the table god knows where.

Kept me honest though. lol

Really? same licence huh?

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 09:38:02 PM »
Hi, Escowizard

Yes same license, Got it all figured out yet.?

Have Fun, Chip
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 10:37:52 PM »
Love it

I will for sure......................  ;-)

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 07:29:23 PM »
Did it.........installed and did some air cuts and it works great!

I absolutely love the 4th axis tool path! Art really did what he said he wanted to do. Its great!!!!

I did screen shots of all my old settings (everything) so it would be easier for me to input all the ports and pins and motor settings and such but there are so many diffs on the new screens that it took me a while.
Even the motor tuning was diff and I used the same vel and accel rates but it showed flatline. Weird but got it eventually.
I did get it to see my limit (homing) switches but still have not been able to get it to home to the switches even though it sees them in the diag page.
I think I have most all set right but obviously not yet. Still working on it.

You guys were right though..........it is better. MUCH.

Thanks for the push.

Love the 4th pos screen!!!! its what I allways needed with screw machine cam cutting.
I dint think I will be able to use Mach3 at dayjob cause its a 400 MHz machine running there. I have a 2.5MHz at home shop.

Thanks to all again.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 11:20:17 PM »
Hi, Escowizard

If you Hit "Ref All" and it Homes in the Wrong Direction, under Config, Home Limits Page, you can change the Direction, click on Home Neg Box for that axis.

It may work on your 400 Mhz machine being it prob. cuts slower any way cutting profiles, Get it working good at home first.

New you'd Like It, Chip
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 08:27:28 PM »
I will spend some time with it. I did get the homing direction reversed but still messing with it.

I feel as I did when FINALLY switched to XP. A little lost but extremely happy.

I absolutely love what Art did with the rotational control! It is so smooth compared to Mach 2. I used to have to go to CV in order to get the small increments not t leave a movement step. Its just wonderful!  (think I am happy ? ) lol

Question
In Mach 2 I used on a regular basis the "Z inhibit" function of multipass that was on the program page. I needed this to make 3 passes each a little deeper than the last and then a final cleanup pass.

All I see is the "Z inhibit" button. Thats it, just a button. No settings for how much of a depth or how many passes.

I thought I saw the settings in a page somewhere but after two hours of hunting and not finding it, I figured I had better ask.

Art really really did a good job on the 4th axis toolpath.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2007, 09:27:45 PM »
Hi, Escowizard

It's on a old screen.set hears one I modified you might like it, The feature is on the first page bottom Right.

Ill dig up an original if you like just have to look a little.

Give it a try, Chip
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2007, 11:43:23 PM »
All I see is the "Z inhibit" button. Thats it, just a button. No settings for how much of a depth or how many passes.

I thought I saw the settings in a page somewhere but after two hours of hunting and not finding it, I figured I had better ask.

Art really really did a good job on the 4th axis toolpath.

There is a multi pass wizard that will make a new file with the Passes at the right depths

It worked well last time I tested it...
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 06:15:37 PM »
Wow Chip! thats great!

It should work perfect when I dump it in Mach3 as it is? You must have already linked it to do what it needs to do then.

Thank you very much.

I did check out the Multi pass Brian, but I was hoping to be able to use the multipass as simply as I used to in Mach2.

Chip, cant I modify the Program page to show the stuff I use and not the stuff I dint use?

You should see the cam I cut last night, it came out just perfect! And not having to use CV, I saved about 45 minutes of machine time.
Thats very important at home cause I run a Ronk style phase converter and with that, and the BP and CNC controller and the PC, never mind the lights, well it all adds up.
My electric this month was $290 and we have gas stove and heat 90% with wood stove. lol 
I only have been running the camcuting system for 20 or so hours per week.

Mach3 is definitely the best! Thanks for the push.