Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:01:31 PM

Author Topic: Temperature Supervisor  (Read 4174 times)

Temperature Supervisor
« on: July 23, 2013, 01:11:00 AM »
Hi

I'm using a modified BF20L from Mobasi with servo spindle that runs up to 6000rpm. The original machine just runs up to 3000rpm only. After two months now the bearing suddenly heated up to more than 130°C. Unfortunately I did not notice this immediately  :(. I opened up the spindle and found a lot swarf in the grease above the bearing. So it looks like those metal pieces found its way down into the bearing and ruined everything. Maybe it is also a problem to run the machine out of spec with doubled rpm  ???
However just to make sure next time that the machine will stop before major damage may arise, I would like to add a temperature supervisor that will
- move the z axis to defined z axis position.
- stop spindle
- wait until temperature is low again
- start spindle
- wait some time
- restart work

I would like to use a analog input on my ethernet controller.

Any hints how to implement this. Is a plugin needed?

best regards

Dani
Re: Temperature Supervisor
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 12:53:36 AM »
Temperature supervisor hardware is working now, I just bought the following components from Conrad Electronics and mounted it on the spindle enclosure. The module measures 0° to 160°C.

502155    Messumformer-Modul für PT1000 Hygrosens PT-MOD-10V-T2 0 - +160 °C    
172448    Einschraub-Platin-Temperatursensor Heraeus W-GJK (SCH) Heraeus-Nr. 30 010 000 -40 - +250 °C Messing mit Einschraubgewind    
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 02:45:53 PM »
'10V = 4095 / 0V = 0
'10V = 160°C / 0V = 0°C

Finally placed this code into the macropump.m1s file. It polls the temperature from the CSMIO/IP-S analog input and displays it in the message box:

'Analog IN 1
adc = GetInput( 81 )
temp = round(adc * (160.0 / 4095.0))
If ( temp > 70 ) Then
   MESSAGE "Maschine braucht Pause T="&temp
Else
   MESSAGE "Maschine ok T="&temp
End If

Sleep(10000)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 05:52:46 PM »
Sounds like you have it working well :)
Hood
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 01:17:28 AM »
yes, but it only displays the temperature, don't know yet howto halt the active cycle and stop the spindle if the temperature is above a certain limit.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 03:17:00 AM »
You have the temp and presume they are working correctly in that your message is displayed. If that is true then you can easily do a feedhold then M5 or an E-Stop or whatever you want.
For example maybe something like

If ( temp > 70 ) Then
DoOemButton(1001)
While IsMoving()
Wend
Code"M5""
MsgBox("Spindle Overheating, Opererations halted")
...................WHATEVER ELSE YOU WANT.

Hood
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 12:00:10 AM »
Thank you Hood for the reply, but this would result in a ruined tool.

basically I would need the following info / steps (marked with ok, I should be able to code it)
check z axis to be >0
not moving (ok)
save M3 M4 M5 state (spindle was on? direction?)
send M5
prevent any further feeding / program cycle commands
wait temperature goes down again (ok)
restore M3/M4 state
wait 2 seconds (ok)
restart feeding
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 12:15:12 AM »
Hi Hood

thinking about your code, it is the better solutions. It is the responsibility of the operator to restart the spindle.  Ugly scratches on the surface of the workpiece is better than a burned spindle....

I'll keep you updated about my test results

one hint for the hardware (is working fine as suggested in my earlier post). Use a 100Ohm resistor for wiring the analog output signal to the analog input (place it on the input connector). The controller and the temperature sensor have both a 0-10V range, but if for some reason the 24V supply (e.g. short) is feed to the analog input, the internal clamping diode in the controller will protect the controller. The 100Ohm will limit the current in the clamping diode.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 05:33:47 AM »
I think personally I would just call an E-Stop in the case that the spindle bearings got too hot. Reason being is it should really never happen but if it does then I would be wanting the spindle (and all motion) to stop instantly.

Hood