Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 07:30:55 AM

Author Topic: USB Motion Card and not cutting to right size!  (Read 2669 times)

USB Motion Card and not cutting to right size!
« on: August 28, 2013, 07:23:11 PM »
Hello Mach3 helpers,

I have a problem using my Carving-cnc machine that has a Xulifeng USB motion card controller.

I am trying to mill out a rectangle which is 130mm x 56mm. I need to cut 40x of these out of 4.5mm thick material.

But I have a problem, every rectangle is coming out a different size! The difference is +/- 2mm! Some of the rectangles don't even have square corners.

I have setup the motor tuning using the calculator on this site, however this hasn't seemed to help. I'm feeling a bit lost as there seems to be no support for the Xulifeng USB motion card controller.

Any help from others who may have had contact with this card or have heard of similar problems please post your experiences.

Please Help,

Mike, NZ
Re: USB Motion Card and not cutting to right size!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 10:49:33 PM »
Mike,
I have one of those cards, and I was having trouble with parts not being the right size too.  I swapped cables and determined that it was just the Y axis mechanically and not an electrical issue. THEN I found the loose coupling on the Y axis screw!!  The other two were a little loose as well.  Since then it has always cut accurately.  My machine is rather small but has 800 in/oz steppers running on a 68 volt power supply driving 20mm ball screws.  Lots of power so I haven't had any problem loosing steps at all.  I suggest you use a dial indicator on each axis and run it back and forth at various speeds to see if you are in fact losing steps. Very easy to tell, if you actually find a problem switch the axis cables if you can and see if the problem stays or moves.

Gary H. Lucas