Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:34:43 AM

Author Topic: Coolant Issue  (Read 3751 times)

Coolant Issue
« on: February 14, 2006, 04:22:50 PM »
I have coolant working well in mach2 but cannot seems to get Mach3 to activate my coolant.  I have configured Ports and Pins, Output Signals so that Output #1 is active with port 1 pin 14. On the Spindle tab, I have Flood using output #1.  When I use the diagnostic screen, when I press the flood button I get a output #1 led.  Still nothing at pin 14 at the controller.  Like I said earlier, Mach2 activates coolant on pin 14 without a problem.  Any Ideas????

Mike
Re: Coolant Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 07:15:13 PM »
Look to see that you don't have that pin set to anything other than that function.
If you would like me to I can check the XML for you :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 03:00:45 PM »
Here is my xlm file.  Good luck.

Mike
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 08:33:31 AM »
Well, I would love to say that you won the prize, but...

I noticed that to and after double checking the config screen, I changed the xml to enable output #1 and asign it to pin 14.  Guess what happened.  The enable #1 led lit on the diagnostic screen!?!?!?! And would you believe there is no enable tags in the xml?

Remember that I said that with the xml the way it is, the Flood Toggle on the diagnostic screen actually toggles the Output 1 LED.

The problem does not seem to be that I cannot toggle the correct LED, just that the signal is not passed to the parallel port.

Mike
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 03:43:52 PM »
Set the M8 and M7 to output #1

That shoudl do it :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com