Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:35:29 PM

Author Topic: JOG works right but cuts backwards or vice versa  (Read 7101 times)

Re: JOG works right but cuts backwards or vice versa
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 08:59:35 AM »
When I click on the X+ it goes the wrong way and counts down instead of up. Funny thing is, it cuts correctly.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 09:42:17 AM »
That is strange, tried with your xml here and both the right arrow and X+ on Tab screen move the axis in a positive count. Your DROs were quite a bit in negative values so they were showing negative while jogging but the negative value was decreasing and after a while would have reached Zero then started showing positive.
Could that be what you are seeing? If you press Zero at the side of the X DRO and then press X+ does the X still go negative?
Hood

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 10:09:02 AM »
If I have it set so it's jogs manually in the right directions the text on X axis is backwards. If I have the manual jog so it goes the wrong way it cuts the text fine.

What text are you referring to?

If I click the X axis so it has a checkmark under reverse then it jogs fine but cuts backwards.

AFAIK the only place where there's a column labeled "Reversed" is under "Homing" and this has nothing to do with either jogging direction or cutting direction.

I'll bet Brett's house you are using the Write Wizard and have the direction set wrongly or mirrored  ;D

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2013, 03:08:10 PM »
Ok so I checked what you are saying I zero'ed the axis and clicked on X+ and it went + in the DRO, BUT it goes towards the front of the table which should be - direction. It cuts the text I have OK so I don't know why it does what it does.

Stirling the text I mean is what I am trying to cut, some simple test text into wood. I have no idea what wizard you mean.

Andrew

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 04:34:40 PM »
attach your code and I will have a look.
Not sure what you mean by the front, is this the X we are talking about? X is left to right, but suppose it depends where you are standing :D
Hood
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 05:23:06 PM »
Which code would you like? Sorry I am not sure.

Yes I set the machine up to have 0,0,0 on the front left of the table so if you were standing in front of it looking at it then Y is left to right X is towards(-) and away(+) from you and of Z up and down.

The files I run cut fine and come out right. The JOG X+ button makes the X axis DRO go UP in numbers, BUT it goes towards me so it's actually going NEG direction. Odd.

Andrew

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 01:45:14 PM »
I am not sure I am following, you really need to think of the table the way it is in the Mach toolpath view.
Y bottom to top
x left to right.
Is that the way you are thinking it is or are you thinking they are swapped?

Code I was after was the code you were running that  is getting cut backwards.
Hood