Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 05:12:17 PM

Author Topic: Easy text label g-code?  (Read 4927 times)

Easy text label g-code?
« on: June 11, 2013, 12:20:21 PM »
Does anyone have an easy g-code for text engraving? I am making the same size label (1" x 3") but all have different text. I'm looking for an easy way to set up the machine to center the text on each label. I've used the text wizard but i have to manually move the spindle and have to "guess" where it should start. By the way, I am very new to this stuff.
So basically I have nameplates (1" x 3") and need to put names on them. The labels are black plastic with white underlay. I would like to set up a g-code where I could just type in the text (name) and hit start. Is this possible? It seems easy to do but I have zero experience with this.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Easy text label g-code?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 03:20:05 AM »
Perhaps take a look a F-Engrave (it's free) http://home.comcast.net/~sskroch/Fengrave/fengrave.html

Like all software there is a learning curve but you should be up and running in no time. F-Engrave will create a separate GCode file for each different label which then has to be loaded into Mach3 (one at a time  ;) ) but it is all pretty simple and easy to do.

Tweakie.
PEACE
Re: Easy text label g-code?
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 03:40:21 PM »
Thanks. I will check this out.