Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 12:49:45 PM

Author Topic: Not so sweet Cut Circle in Suite of HW  (Read 16491 times)

Not so sweet Cut Circle in Suite of HW
« on: February 17, 2007, 10:15:31 AM »
Having a problem with the Cut Circle Wizard in the Suite of Handy Wizards:  I have copies of Mach 3 V 2.0.047 on two different style computers and have the problem is constant.  I have tried running in simulation mode (without mill attached) and in real time (with mill running), changed CV numbers, changed from Constant Velocity to Exact Stop, Absolute to Incremental.  The work piece was been moved away from the xy limits to insure not running out of room.

This code was produced by the wizard - no edits have been made.  The depth of cut was reduced to save time while running and watching.   If doing a simulation the arc traverses half of the circle then crashes and freezes.  This also happens when running in real time. 

I have tried other circles in the Wizards pack (German Bravo's, etc) and they produce workable code.  I just prefer the simplicity of Brian's original work.

(Program Posted for Aluminum )
G0 G49 G40.1 G17
G80 G50 G90 G98 
G20 (Inch)
(***** Circular Groove/Cutout *****)
M6 T12
M03 S3000
M8 (Flood On)
G00G43 H12 Z0.3
G00 X0.2844 Y-0.1078
G41 P0.09375
G01 X0.3922 F16.9
G01 Z-0.002 F8.45
G03 X0.5 Y0 R0.1078 F16.9
G03 X-0.5 Y0 R0.5
X0.5 Y0 R0.5  (    IT IS AT THIS POINT THAT THE PROBLEM OCCURS.  )
G03 X0.3922 Y0.1078 R0.1078
G40
G00 Z0.3
M5 M9
M30

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated and explored.

Thanks

Bob@ BobsShop - cutting circles and losing my mind.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Not so sweet Cut Circle in Suite of HW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 08:58:12 PM »
I didn't look at it close, but there is no g (GO) command on the line you have marked as the troubled line.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 09:27:19 PM »
I think that line is actually a G03, and its OK to leave it off because G03 is modal. I tried the code and it hangs for me too. I added the G03 and the problem still occurs. I think this one should be shown to Art, its not a wizard problem, the Gcode looks good. There was a recent problem like this that Art fixed.

I put a note on the Yahoo group for Art.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 11:19:42 PM »
Thanks Ronginge - that was what I was going to say (no additional code needed for modal entries).  Deleting the Part Offset entry (G41 PO .1875) enables the code to complete the arc.  But, of course, that defeats the purpose of the code since there is no compensation.  I even went into the General Config. and checked and unchecked the "Remove Tool Offset" entry,  It did not appear to have any effect.

Thanks again for looking into this and confirming I am not losing what little sanity I have left.

Bob@BobsShop - Sitting back and waiting for Arts solution.
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 01:27:45 PM »
Ok, Art just posted this on the Yahoo group_

Hi Ron:

I gave this a top priority, Id like to get the G41 as tough as I can. Version .048 fixes this problem. It turned out to be the same square root error as before, only in a slightly different way. I have tightened it up a lot, so this can't  or shouldn't happen again . Thanks for the bug, download .048 and that arc will work fine..

Art.

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 03:31:39 PM »
Beautiful circles again.

Thanks Ronginger and Art:

I had continued to play with this wizard just to see how convoluted I could get it and was going to post some additional information in order to guide the debugging.  Should have known that Art would not require any assistance.  Having written software for financial applications in another life, i know how frustrating and labor intensive finding a bug can be.  I really appreciate the dedication and effort demonstrated by everyone involved with ArtSoft and Mach 3.

Bob@BobsShop.  It may only be a hobby, but it is my hobby.
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 09:44:06 PM »
I'm having a problem with cut circle. When set up the wizard and then push "preview" the picture looks correct. Lead in and offset good. See the first picture below, named "correct.jpg". Then I push "back" and post the code. This brings up the NFW page that has all the wizards on it and the "verify toolpath" button. When I click the "verify toolpath button" the toolpath initially shows like the first picture below it very shortly changes to the second picture below, named "incorrect.jpg". When I exit to mach it looks like the second picture. I have tried changing arc between absolute and incremental but there is no change.

So what setting do I need to change to fix my little problem.
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 10:49:42 PM »
Gim, I have had similar (but not exactly the same) things happen when I have partially ran code and stopped before an M30 code was read.  Seems that running code without the terminating M30 being activated leaves commands that may interfere with a new program.  Not sure if that is what is happening to you, but it is something you may want to consider.

Seems I remember reading recently that version 3.0 had produced some problems - I don't recall the particulars of that post.   Version 3.0 was removed from the download choice and replaced by 2.63.  That said, I am still using 3.0 and have not experienced any problems - YET!!

What are the particulars that you are inputting into the Wizard?

Bob @ BobsShop - Still making chips and cutting circles.
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 12:31:33 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

I don't think M30 is a factor as it happens even when I use cut circle first thing after a reboot.

Settings are:

cutter diameter 0.25
center of circle x0y0
diameter 1.125
conventional milling
cut inside
top of part 0.000
safe height .020
depth .05
step .05
pitch 0

Thanks,
Spence
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 01:37:26 AM by gimble88 »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 12:35:22 AM »
Just a stab here, do you define the lead in arc? If so, is it bigger than tool diam.?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!