Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:51:52 AM

Author Topic: Can't get 2.2KW spindle to work  (Read 14558 times)

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get 2.2KW spindle to work
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 05:55:22 PM »
Hi Guys,
Thank you for that. Anyway Hood, I went to the shop and marked the PWM, put in 200Hz for base Hz. No spindle rpm at S2000M3 command. The Relay1 LED lights up and surprisingly Relay2 next to it it also. It shouldn't light up, since there is nothing connected to Relay2, but it does. If you don't mind I'll leave it for tomorrow, I got a splitting headache. Have a nice evening.
Mike

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 05:59:28 PM »
Mike
that manual is very contradictory and confusing and I can understand why you have a headache, I have one from the few minutes I have looked at it.
 In your diagram you dont seem to have any power to the connector on the top right of the C41, according to the manual it says you should have a power supply voltage there which is compatible with the VFD. What that is meant to mean is a bit ambiguous but I take it that it is meant to mean you take a +v and 0v from your VFD to power the output stage of the C41.

hOOD

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 07:26:56 AM »
Good morning Hood,
The diagram I sent you is showing only the connections of the VFD to the C41. It gets the 5V from the power supply. I'm attaching the whole diagram, also a link to to my Sunfar 300 VFD manual. I still don't understand why  there is no volt across the analog terminals. I read somewhere that the connecting wires to boards should not be soldered. Is that so?
Mike

http://www.kunaimpex.com/admin/images/gallery/pdf/806263833.pdf
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 09:44:45 AM »
The C41 board and most other boards that give an analog out need a separate power supply to generate the 10v analog output. In this case it needs to be connected to the connector in the top right corner of the C41 board, marked analog output power on the drawing.
It may be possible to take power from the VFD but I advise caution. It looks like you can use the CM terminal for analog output power ground and the 10v terminal on the VFD connected to the 12v/24 volt terminal of the analog output power supply terminal. I would suggest a separate 12v power supply. If you use the 10v from the vfd you may not get a full 10v for the analog out since there is always some "overhead" required.
HTH,
Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2013, 10:10:05 AM »
Hi TOTALLYRC,
What you write is a contradiction to the C41's manual. It (the manual) says the board needs the 5 volt from a 5 volt power supply. It doesn't say it needs a dedicated one. Before I purchased the components, I read the info on everything that I needed, and not fully understanding the manuals, as a precaution I bought a 12 volt PWR supply too. I also have the original 24 PWR supply that the Chinese people put into it ( I took that out). But Arturo said to use only the 5 volt one. You Guys can see what creates the confusion for me.
Mike
Ps.  I don't have anything set in Mach's output page. Could that be why I don't get a voltage reading on the analog output of the C41?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 10:22:08 AM by mvoros »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2013, 10:26:29 AM »
The big problem is the manual is , well to be frank, crap. I mentioned a few posts ago that there is a power connector to the right of the analogue out, the manual mentions it but is not clear what it is for. It says its for an external power supply to enable the VFD, I presume it is meant to power the   analogue output signal but......
 I think you should ask Arturo what gets connected to that power input.
Hood

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2013, 11:01:49 AM »
He is probably pissed of with me, did not respond to yesterday's email. He said 67 emails were exchanged between us. I guess that is too many for a supplier. I'm looking for other spindle control boards now. I wish I could find someone out there who used one of his board.
Mike

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2013, 11:34:15 AM »
Well all I can say is, TO ME,  the manual is contradictory and confusing so he should be expecting plenty of questions.

I have only ever use one spindle control board and that was a Step/Dir one that Peter Homman  in Australia sold, it was easy to set up and instructions were good. He doesnt do that particular one now but he does to PWM ones.
I also have a friend that has used one from PMDX  and he found it straightforward to set up as far as I know.

Hood
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2013, 12:14:37 PM »
The problem with manuals is that they are many times written by somebody who understands the ins and outs of the product. If the manufacturer keeps getting questions it would make sense that they rewrite the manual so it can be understood by those of use who don't have engineering degrees.

IMHO any manual that has contradictions needs to be rewritten.

MVOROS,
If you were close by I would be willing to stop over and help.
Are you anywhere near CT?
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2013, 01:16:27 PM »
Unfortunately no. I'm in Windsor Ontario Canada, just across the river from Detroit. Thank you for offering.
Even Mach3's manual is not clear on this subject. Now all I want to know is, should there be anything set for the spindle in Outputs? This spindle did work before I did the retrofit. It was a usb control card no other boards at all. Of course, I can't use any of those XML settings now.
Mike