Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:39:59 AM

Author Topic: Connection The Relay and Mach3 LED(Anti Dive for Plasma THC)  (Read 16963 times)

Hi Everybody;

I am trying to connect a standalone THC to my plasma cutter. May u know how standalone thc working but there is an some information;

Mach sends arc start signal to thc and waits for arc ok signal. Thc does ihs(initial height sensing) with ohmic sensor or floating head switch and pierces the material. After pierce sends to arc ok signal mach 3 for move....

So I set-up everything, I did some test and everything working well. But at the corners... :-\ THC diving at the corners. :( Because feedrate is getting lower at the corners. Mach 3 has anti dive function for that but i couldnt set up that for standalone thc. Maybe I can connect the Anti-Dive function to any output(relay). And relay sends a thc on/off(enable) signal to thc at the corners.

So can i send an output signal when anti dive is active.

I am gonna wait ur early replies.  :)

Thank You

Furkan
Re: Connection The Relay and Mach3 LED(Anti Dive for Plasma THC)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 05:25:10 PM »
???

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 07:44:46 PM »
There are only a few guys that come here that use Plasma so I think you will have to be patient.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 12:45:26 AM »
If the THC is stand-alone, then it controls your Z axis, not Mach3.  That being the case, Anti-dive should be designed into the THC.  If it has no anti-dive, it's missing a critical feature.  Without anti-dive, you'll dive into corners and dive during a lead-out. 
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 03:16:04 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I think thats possible. Because we have a signal for anti dive inside of the software. And that is being active when feedrate is changing. But i dont know how can i connect the anti dive to any output. Maybe admins or developers can help me. Thc requiring a corner signal so anti dive signal. We just need a connect the anti dive active LED to any output. 

Thanks
Furkan

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 04:13:44 AM »
You can have a Brain look at the  Ant Dive LED and activate an output when it is seen, whether your external THC supports an input for it I have no idea.
If you need help regards the brain just shout.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 05:16:57 AM »
You can have a Brain look at the  Ant Dive LED and activate an output when it is seen,

But how can i do that?

Notice: My thc supporting that input.
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 06:04:09 AM »
What brain means?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 06:18:06 AM »
Ok if you go to Operator menu you will see Brain Editor, click that and the editor will open. Put in a name in the box, maybe AntiDive then the brain will be ready for editing.
Click the + and you will get a list of options appear, choose LED then choose from the list the option you want, looks like its 70 No Plunge THC, you then click OK. Next make sure you have highlighted that new box on the screen and press the + again you can then choose the No Operation (Pass Signal ) option. Once done then again press OK then click that box and then this time press the green symbol that resembles an upside down T. In the box that now appears you can choose output and then from the list choose the output number you wish to set up as your output signal. Click Ok then go to edit and click save then close the brain.
Next step if Operator menu and Brain Control, you will need to press Reload All Brains and then you should see your AntiDive in the list, click it then place a tick in Enabled then press reload Brain. That is it now set up and the only other thing you will need to do is go into ports and pins and set the correct port and pin number for your chosen output.

Now as previously mentioned I dont know a lot about plasma so I only assume that it is the LED above that is the signal indicator you are requiring.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 06:18:55 AM »
Oh and here is a screenshot of what the Brain should look like in the editor.
Hood