Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:50:57 AM

Author Topic: Need help setting up Mach 3 for my table.  (Read 26683 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Need help setting up Mach 3 for my table.
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2013, 07:16:12 AM »
You will either find the registered name/serial, depending on version ,  at the top of your main screen in Mach or from the Help, About menu.
Even if it looks genuine it may not be, the only way to know for sure is either send me a PM with the registered name and I will find out  or contact Scott directly at license@machsupport.com and ask him.

Hood
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2013, 05:38:42 PM »
No not a floating gantry, a floating head, the thc was a joke, so we went and spent another 1000.00 on a floating head, so it goes down and detects the height.  SOOOO much better.  Watch out for Lightning CNC.  Once we got our table we have had no more contact with them.  NONE.  They wont answer our calls.  We had to make threats to get anyone to answer.
For what we got come to find out we could have built one a whole lot better.  But, now we are just using what we have and will expand from there.

Offline vcp

•  7 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2013, 05:06:47 PM »
I just confirmed with Scott that my licenses are infact legit! Woohoo,

jjmueller,

My experience with lightning has been 90% positive so far. I feel that for the $4400 that I paid for their 5x10 table, I received a GREAT bargain!

The machine works very well with my Powermax 45, its very stable, and the cuts are better than expected.

I do need a THC, but now that you mention a floating head, I will look into that...any links?

The only problem I had with Lightning was they shipped my order missing a bunch of critical parts, after I told them, they sent somebody out to personally deliver the missing parts the very next day and all has been well since.

The software I received is all licensed and everything is as advertised. The one complaint that I do have is the hand torch mount is a POS, I made my own in 30 minutes and threw theirs out...They charged me $50 for it so I could care less really.

-Geoff
5x10 Lightning CNC Dry Table
Hypertherm Powermax 45 w/Hand Torch & Machine Shield
No THC yet
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2013, 09:44:49 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121119761714?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
This is the floating head we bought.

and then

www.candcnc.com for the High control unit.  Love both these guys.  They are wonderful to work with and help you 100%  and have no problems answering questions at all.

Offline vcp

•  7 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2013, 10:55:57 PM »
What is the benefit of the floating head and what does it do?

Looks just like the one on my unit.

-Geoff
No THC yet

Offline vcp

•  7 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2013, 05:28:28 PM »
Apparently, My Lightning CNC table came with a "floating head".....

No THC yet
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2013, 07:47:17 AM »
The floating head establishes a reference between the work surface and the torch face so you'll know the torch is at the right height for firing. The Z slide drives the torch and floating head down. When the torch contacts the work and the slide is still going down the floating head "floats" up on its ways until a switch is made between the float slide and the Z slide.The switch operation stops the Z movement and establishes a position for the height controller to work with. Somewhere on you head you should find a switch or sensor with wires going back to the controller. Different controllers use different algorithms to set the torch height. Some of the blanks the user may have to fill in are the firing distance between the torch and the work and how far the floating head "floats" before the switch is made.

Tony
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 07:49:21 AM by Tony Bullard »
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2015, 12:30:34 PM »
I purchased a 5 x 5 Lightning CNC Plasma table. After building a special room for the table I am ready to do the setup. I built a water table also. I need to 1st confirm if the software is pirated. If it is I will purchase a legit copy.
The table is setup and leveled.
I am completely new to the Mach 3 software or any CNC software as far as that goes.
I have a Miller Spectrum 875 plasma machine to use on the table. The plasma cutter is not wired into the mach3 board yet.
I would appreciate any and all help I can get from other Mach 3 users.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2015, 06:11:56 AM »
Have  a look also on Plasmaspider.com you may get more generalised plasma help there.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2015, 07:47:27 AM »
I think the best help anyone new can receive is a link to our FAQs page and the Mach3 Mill Install and Config. Guide. These 2 resources have a lot of good information. You might think you will not need to know a lot of it........ until you need to know it. The guide has Mill in the title but it is relative to plasma as well. There is also a section dedicated to plasma.

http://www.machsupport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Mach3Mill_Install_Config.pdf

http://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/f-a-q/

;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!