Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:29:43 PM

Author Topic: Need help setting up Mach 3 for my table.  (Read 26690 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Need help setting up Mach 3 for my table.
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2013, 12:49:45 AM »
Sharon,
He was asked to give you a big hug and take you out to nice dinner and not talk about his machine.
I hope he didn't forget that part. >:D

Also Lightning CNC has not responded back to a few questions i requested from their customer service.
Don't envision that they will respond.

RICH
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 12:56:58 AM »
No, they have not answered there phone or email from us either, and there Gecko board had a bad axis, so I ended up buying a new one.  Oh well, guess that's what comes from buying from a unknown company.
I wish there was a way to worn people on ebay.
Thanks for all your help, Brett I guess it going to call tomorrow night to walk him threw the limits set up, he seems to get that more then the manual, I have actually looked threw the manual and I cant even understand it, so getting all the help from you guy really is helping. 
He has actually been very calm the last couple of nights after talking with you.  LOL  So, my stomach is actually feeling loads better.lol
Thanks again.

Sharon

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2013, 02:27:25 PM »
Hi Jerry,

It is a bit cheeky coming here and asking for assistance when you are clearly using a Pirate Licence.  >:D

None of us here condone the use of pirated software in any form so my best advice is to purchase the Mach3 license http://www.machsupport.com/purchase.php before continuing.  ;)

Tweakie.
Hi Tweakie,

What do you look for in the XLM to indicate it is a Pirate Licence? Just curious. Last User?
Thanks Tony

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 02:29:39 PM by Tony Bullard »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2013, 01:01:06 AM »
Hi Tony,

Basically, when you open Mach3 the title bar will show "Mach3 CNC Licensed To: <your name>". If it shows something other than your name or the unique serial number which you purchased then it is a pirate license.

Hope this helps.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2013, 07:17:16 AM »
Thanks Tweakie,

When I remove my Mach1Lic.dat from Mach3 and run jmueller.XML all I get is "Mach3 CNC Demo" in the title bar. Wouldn't you have to have his Mach1Lic.dat to know if it was pirated? Somehow I thought you read his XML to conclude his was pirated.

His lastUser = MaoA˜A  ¯Ðtonar . I'm guessing that was read from his license.

I don't need to know any more I was just curious.

Tony
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2013, 03:19:47 PM »
When I talked to Paul at makecnc, my license does not have a name like jmueller, it has the MaoA Dtonar, was told by paul you pay extra for your name as th serial license.
We downloaded from ArtSoft and then bought the license then the license came and just insert the license into the Mach3 folder.  There is no # or name with my license and I bought direct from Paul at makecnc.

Offline vcp

•  7 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2013, 07:47:06 PM »
How can you tell if the product is a pirate version?

I just bought a 5x10 from Lightning CNC and Im starting to wonder if my software is pirated as well.

5x10 Lightning CNC Dry Table
Hypertherm Powermax 45 w/Hand Torch & Machine Shield
No THC yet
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2013, 12:03:21 AM »
Look above in the the other guys posts.  But, what we have learned is that Lightning CNC is a scam.  Alot of there software is pirated.  We actually had to buy a licensed copy of Sheetcam and also Mach 3.
Plus the table we had to do ALOT of mods to it to get it running right.  Getting is Solid and squared up right.  Let me know, I can always try to help a little, from what we have done to ours.  We have now put a floating head unit on it and making it more solid.

Thanks

Offline vcp

•  7 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2013, 12:53:03 AM »
Mine seems to be legit. Im going to call them tomorrow and have them provide me with my license info so I know for sure.

The hand torch adapter is USELESS, we had to fabricate our own since there is no hardware provided and it doesnt even remotely hold a torch. When asked how I use it they told me to zip tie the torch to it...WTF!!!

The frame is spray painted red and its a horrible paint job at best. I mean reallly really bad.

What concerns me the most is the 12 year old computer they included with the "kit" which had all the software pre-installed and kept crashing when trying to use it. After using it for 1 day, the system went into a blue screen of death and I havent been able to start it since.

Overall, the table seems fairly sturdy until you wiggle the z axis and it moves backwards over an INCH!! The gantry also has lots of side to side flex.

What do you mean by free-floating gantry? Anything I can do to improve the setup? We welded in the side slat holders but other than that..not sure what else can be done.

If they cant come up with licensing info tomorrow, Ill buy a legit copy and find a better computer. Small price to pay.
5x10 Lightning CNC Dry Table
Hypertherm Powermax 45 w/Hand Torch & Machine Shield
No THC yet