Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:15:20 AM

Author Topic: Need help setting up Mach 3 for my table.  (Read 26696 times)

Re: Need help setting up Mach 3 for my table.
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 11:42:32 PM »
www.lightningcnc.com

These are the guys I bought the table from, came with computer and all with the Mach 3 that was to be licensed.  I have sense today, wiped there copy off the computer and bought a licensed copy from makecnc.com
Waiting for the license to come via email, but went to artsoft and downloaded the Mach 3 again and will have the license by tomorrow.  Sorry guys for all the mess, I had no idea the copy they put on the computer was pirated.

They wont even reply to any of my emails or phone calls.  Guess that what I get for buying from these guys, they are also selling there there tables on eBay saying the Mach 3 is licensed.

Jerry
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 05:42:59 AM »
Thanks for the info Jerry.
I wonder if Les @ SheetCam and Vectric's Cut2D are also taking a hit.
 ::)

Russ

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 06:23:38 AM »
Hi Jerry,

Just a note to say thank you for your prompt attention to the licensing issue, I just wish more people were like you.

Now we just need to sort out the problem you are having with your motors not running correctly and setting the limits etc.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 04:50:05 PM »
license came this morning, had a talk with Paul from makecnc, will be buying my sheetcam threw him also, now I will have to go into Mach and set my motors up and try to figure out how to set up my limits.

Thanks
Jerry

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 04:20:59 AM »
Thanks for being honest Jerry, I realize you took a hit in all of this as well.  The more we can expose those taking advantage of good folks like you the better the chances are that they will eventually have to fold up their phony business and go home.  Its pretty sad.  If I had to include a cracked copy of very affordable software with my machine to sell it..... I would think of doing something other than building machines.  What a pack of tossers.  The smart thing would be for them to load the demo and have the machine running good, in demo mode and leave it up to the buyer to buy a licenses.  I bet the customers would much rather have a machine that actually runs realizing they have to spend another $175 than a machine that still needs to be set up and still spend another $175.  I would file complaints with the BBB, credit card company, Paypal, any that I could.  If I bought the pc preloaded, I would not trust it either.  I wouldn't doubt they have preloaded spy ware so they can take further advantage of their customers/victims.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2013, 08:14:42 AM »
I'm thinking this site should be added to the "Hall of Shame" thread?

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 03:16:19 PM »
I might in the next couple of days asking for a little help in setting up the setting on my machine and also some help with wiring in my THC.  I have not even gotten to that yet, with all this trouble with the Mach 3 and the guys selling pirated software with there machines.
Thanks guys, I hope this helps anyone else out there looking for a machine and comes across there adds.  DONT BUY FROM THEM....  If I could do it all over again I would, but now to return and get a refund would be like pulling teeth.  And I think I can personally do my own Mods on the unit and get it running the way I want it to.

Thanks again everyone.

Jerry
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2013, 05:14:05 PM »
Ok, have been down trying to set limits and all, my one problem is I cant get the table display to show the table.  When I move it around it looks like a 3D box.  What is wrong here????  Please help, I have no idea what is wrong now.  And the program I load into the table display is what off the map.  Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong???

Thanks
Jerry
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2013, 05:51:32 PM »
Ok, after all the yelling at my poor wife, and cant seem to get this Mach 3 software right, I am looking to PAY someone to come and set the software up to run on my table.  Can or is anyone willing to come to the Lincoln, Nebraska area and get this table up and running for me???  Shoot me a price, or feel free to call me, the software and tutors are not helping one bit for me, I guess I am just a stupid welder, this software is kicking me in the butt.  Will pay gas, motel, meals, really about anything right now if someone would just help me set the software up for my able.
402-806-7255.

Thanks
Jerry
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2013, 07:47:08 PM »
Hi everyone, this is Sharon, Jerrys wife, I just wanted to give a shout out to Rich for his phone call the other night, with the little help you gave Jerry he was able to get the motors up and running very good, and my stomach is now actually settling down a bit.
Thanks Rick for your help. 

Also, we have the motors running real well, but the one problem we are having is the display window.  We can load a GCode into the Mach 3 but cant get the limits set right, so when it hit run the pattern we would be cutting actually runs off the table.  Can someone help with this?  The tool display and display window is confusing us, figuring out how to home it correctly.  And Rich, the little you told Jerry the other night, that made a lot of difference with him.  He was actually able to understand it all.  Thank you soooo much Rich.

One Happy(er) Wife