Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:08:16 PM

Author Topic: Need help setting up Mach 3 for my table.  (Read 26689 times)

Need help setting up Mach 3 for my table.
« on: May 15, 2013, 10:51:18 PM »
Ok, so I have a 5 x 5 table, with the Nema 23 motors rack and pinion, having lots of problems getting the motors to run right and also how to set the limits in the Mach 3.  Very new at this, getting very frustrated.  Would love so help.  Call me to walk me threw would greatly help a lot.  Or, I can always call you, please help.  I am taking it out on my poor wife and divorce is lurking.  ;)
Or, willing to pay for gas and travel if someone lives in the Adams, Nebraska area. 

Thanks
Jerry

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Need help setting up Mach 3 for my table.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 07:51:08 AM »
Jerry,
PLease have a look at the Mach Manual and also look in Member's Doc's for relative info to your question.
- Post your xml file
- Provide information on your drives, power supply, and motors.

Some one will then be able to help you.

RICH
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 06:02:51 PM »
what is the xml file   Sorry just that new
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 06:05:39 PM »
The XML is your Mach configuration file. It is located in the main Mach3 folder and will have the name of the profile you are using. For example, if you are using the standard Mill profile it will be called Mach3Mill.xml.
You will need to rename it for the forum to accept it. Copy it to your desktop and rename it, something like YOUR_NAME.xml then use the additional options button on the reply page to browse to it and attach it to your reply. The forum will only accept a file name that has never been submitted before.
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 01:54:10 AM »
Iam having problems setting home and the soft limits. Ihave watched vidoes on set up and homing and limits.  When they jog then say to hit the home switch what is the home switch or is it just the ref all to home, my screen seems to be a little dif then the videos.  Then when i set the soft limits it seems to do nothing soft limit will not light up and the table will run into the hard stops on the table.  How does the mach now where it is in the first place or does the soft limits come from the home location out. Iwas told that i did not need actual limit switchs and just us the soft limts.  Sorry for all the questions the table manufacture is no help

lightning cnc table, mach3 2.0  sheet cam and lazy cam Gecko G540 4axis with a hypertherm powermax 85 plasma

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 04:51:53 AM »
Hi Jerry,

It is a bit cheeky coming here and asking for assistance when you are clearly using a Pirate Licence.  >:D

None of us here condone the use of pirated software in any form so my best advice is to purchase the Mach3 license http://www.machsupport.com/purchase.php before continuing.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 06:06:31 AM »

Provide information on your drives, power supply, and motors.

Specific information on each. Please save us the time of searching for information.
Post that info AFTER you get the license issue resolved.

Until then,

RICH

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 06:09:26 AM by RICH »
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 10:11:27 AM »
Sorry i had no idea this was.  This what was provided by Lightning cnc, not a surprise though the more i deal with these jokers.  I guess i made a bad choice.Can you can you please tell me how could tell this.  Iwould like to show this to the jokers just one more thing i can go after them on.   Once again  SORRY i have no intentions to do this  Thanks for the help so far

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 12:40:52 PM »
If you paid for the machine via credit card then call your credit card company and dispute the charge. If they provided you with a bogus license and bogus equipment I don't think you would have an issue getting at least part of your money returned. You can also file a complaint with their local Better Business Bureau, if you were provided with a pirated license you can even file a complaint with the FBI: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/white_collar/ipr/ipr .
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 01:05:30 PM »
Jerry, please provide us a link to where you bought the machine.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!