Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:42:01 AM

Author Topic: PCI Card  (Read 8440 times)

PCI Card
« on: April 30, 2013, 10:34:02 AM »
Hi,

I wonder can anyone help? new to Mach3 and CNC. I've put a PCI card into a new computer but I cant get Mach 3 to recognize the card address which is EC00 -EC07 I have tried entering EC00, 00, EC07 and 07 into the ports and pins info but it will not recognize or will not reset with a e stop being shown.

Please help as this is driving me mad.

Many thanks

Phillip

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: PCI Card
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 11:25:43 AM »
Hi Phillip - welcome

Please post your xml file (instructions below if you don't know how to do this).

<your profile name> is displayed at the bottom right of the standard Mach3 screenset.

Now look in C:\Mach for a file called <your profile name>.xml

Copy it to your desktop and rename it to <your forum name>.xml i.e. Hazellwood.xml
Now use the <Additional Options...> link at the bottom left of the forum (full) reply pane to add your xml file to your reply post.

Ian
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 11:44:33 AM »
Hi Ian,

Just give you a heads up, I have just bought a CNC, the file attached has not worked on the machine even though I have tried for hours and the supplier has tried (cuts weird shapes instead of the intended shape), so bought new computer, lead and PCI card.

Connected the lot and the same thing has happened (I just got it to recognise the port address as per my post) weird shapes.....I am now sure its either the software (xml) I have had supplied or the control box.

I am at the point of returning the machine as the supplier I believe thinks its me!

Any help would really go a long way

Phillip
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 11:46:25 AM »
Ian

Sorry should have said, only other thing I can think of is that even though the PCI is plug and play it could need a different coading in the Bios, any thoughts

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 01:03:06 PM »
OK Phillip - let's try to clear up where you are at the moment. In your first post you said you couldn't get Mach to recognize your card. Also you said you were not able to get out of E-Stop. But now you seem to be saying your machine is moving (all?) the axes but it's cutting weird shapes.

Ian
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 01:34:24 PM »
Hi Ian,

That's correct, I entered in the EC07 code again just on the of chance (tried so many times before), shut the whole computer down and restarted and this time it worked. Ever hopeful I tried to use the machine again but this is when it goes bonkers.

Something else that may be relevant is that the jog keys do not always work (make the cnc move) even though the coordinates are moving on the screen, you have to click on the x,y,z in a couple of different orders to then return to the key that was not working and then it will respond.

The Mach 3 I was told to download was Mach3 R3.043.066 in case this is relevant

I think more and more its the control box?

Regards

Phillip

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 05:29:37 PM »
Few things I see that could cause problems.
You have Input 1 set as port 1 pin 17, thats not possible with the parallel port as pin 17 is an output.
Next thing I see is you have both enable and output 1 set as the same port and pin number, ie 1 and 17.
That is likely not right as it means each time you take Mach out of reset the enable signal is activated which also means output 1 will be seeing the signal and your spindle relay will be getting powered (assuming you have spindle relays connected)

Hood
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 06:30:51 PM »
Hi hood,

Many thanks, I will have a look at the software tomorrow........ unfortunately these are the settings I have been given by the supplier and I don't have any paperwork with port codes so I am completely lost.

I have spent nearly a week trying to work out if its me, the machine, the software (mach3), the computer or the leads and the supplier tells me it should work straight out of the box with the software he has provided, though he cant get it to work remotely either.

Any help is really appreciated

Phillip

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 03:34:23 AM »
Hood - is EC07 likely to be correct? - it seems a strange PP base address to me. In the first post, the range looked *normal* i.e. EC00 - EC07.

Ian

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 03:10:11 AM »
Yes it does seem incorrect but when it was said to be working with that I didnt question further ;)
Hood