Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:20:06 PM

Author Topic: If I upgrade to a newer version of Mach will I have to reset any settings?  (Read 2860 times)

Offline Jackal

•  169 169
    • View Profile

I am wanting to upgrade to a newer version of Mach3. Apparently,  my version is the one that has the spindle reverse pulley bug. Was downloaded around July 2010 ( I think?????)

I know I can save my .xml file and reuse it. Are there any other settings that I need to make note of?

I have taken pictures of each screen, in the event that something happens and they have to be re-done completely.

Thanks,

JAckal
Everything is bio-degradable if you run over it enough with a lawnmower.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
I recommend backing up your entire Mach3 folder to a thumb drive or somewhere safe.  Not just when upgrading but just good practice in general.  You will want to save any custom screen sets, macros, brains, licenses files, and xmls for sure. 

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Jackal

•  169 169
    • View Profile
Thanks Brett,

I appreciate the info.

Can I just install the newer version over the older one? Or, do I need to uninstall the older version?

Thanks,
Jack

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Yup, you can install over the older version.  You should make sure your profile is named something other than the default Mach Profiles.  Again, shouldn't be a problem if you have your xml backed up but good practice in any case.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Jackal

•  169 169
    • View Profile
Thanks for the help. I'll post any problems or fixes encountered, to help others.

Thanks,
Jack