Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:03:18 PM

Author Topic: 3040Z issues again.....  (Read 11483 times)

3040Z issues again.....
« on: April 25, 2013, 07:44:02 AM »
Well I thought I was really getting the hang of things, thanks to chaoticone, solved my problems at the time.  Loaded the code file and the saw dust was flying.....I walk away, come back and I see that the Z axis was not responding and was dragging through the wood making a mess.  Hit the stop, manually tried to raise the Z and it chugged and there was almost no response.  Erratic movement.  X and Y jogged fine but Z is out of control. 

I started another file and the same results.  Z is not responding properly.  I then started the mach3 loader file and loaded mill versus router.  the z works sporadically but at least responded to commands in the proper direction. 

Having read about the lousy controller that these Chinese machines come with.....think it could be the controller?

I'm just glad there wasn't an open window in the shop.....

Any ideas?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: 3040Z issues again.....
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 08:58:10 AM »
Mark, post your xml file and I'll look at it.

It's entirely possible that some of the hardware has given up.  Can you swap your wires going form x or y (don't try this with an axis that has 2 motors) motor to z motor easily?  You could start narrowing it down this way.  You have 2 known good axis and one dude.  By swapping wires you can narrow it down.  Really only a  few things it can be as far as hardware goes.  Motor, drive, power supply for that axis, breakout board, or wires between any of them.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 05:35:15 PM »
Thanks Brett for your prompt attention, if you and lived nearby, I'd buy you breakfast lunch or dinner!  OK I changed the cables, swapped Z with Y and the issue transferred to Y.  So like you said, it appears to be a hardware issue.  Possibly cables?  I've read that the controller box is utter garbage and prone to problems. 

What can I do to narrow down the problem?

Once again, my deepest thanks.

mark

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 02:26:36 AM »
No problem Mark

Where did you change the wires at?  In other words, when you changed them what does it prove is good or bad?  Can you swap the wires at a different point to narrow down the possibility's even more?

Brett

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 06:27:41 AM »
I disconnected the y and z from the back of the controller box and swapped them.  the Z axis works fine then and the Y has the erratic movement.  SO it is either a cable (I inspected it and there is no visible damage) or something inside the controller box.  This machine has low hours on it, perhaps I need a new contoller?

Thanks again

Mark

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 09:59:15 AM »
Perhaps the controller is the culprit but can you narrow it down any more?  Can you open up the controller and swap things around in there?  I'm not suggesting you do, just asking if you can.  You could also swap pins assignments for y and z and note the difference if any.

Brett

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 05:08:01 PM »
Brett....Check this out, I used the Mach loader, picked the mill option.  Loaded mach3 and the Z axsis runs smooth as butter.  I load the profile you created for me Marksrouter and it sticks like mud with the Z axsis.  I think its softerware at this point.  You asked me for the xml file, here is is.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 05:14:04 PM »
I think you forgot the attachment.  Post both xmls if you will.  Make sure they are named something unique.  To be sure I understand.... the MarksRouter profile was running good and all of sudden stopped working?

Brett

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 05:14:11 PM »
I keep getting an error message stating the file has already been sent....doesnt apprear to me that is was.
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 05:33:21 PM »
Yes it was running fine, then stopped in the middle of a project cut.  Manually jogging, the z axsis stuttered and still is doing the same thing.  I'm going to try to attach the file again.