Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:05:08 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 display shrunk  (Read 2735 times)

Offline Jim P

•  23 23
    • View Profile
Mach 3 display shrunk
« on: April 18, 2013, 09:52:16 AM »
A friend of mine has a Mach3 demo version installed on his computer. There is no parallel port. I will generate a file of something he wants and run it on my system and view the tool path to see the representation of what would be produced. Its working fine on my setup. His however is having a couple of hic-ups. the first problem is that Mach 3 is only displayed in the upper 3rd of his monitor. no matter what he does it is full screen horizontal and 1/3 in the verticle. the second problem, and this may be related to his video issue, is after the g code runs he can not see an image on the toolpath. I did find out that he did not emulate my config, so he is running at what ever the default is. could that be the problem with not having a part on the tool path window.
 Jim

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 display shrunk
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 11:22:12 AM »
Jim, does he have auto enlarge screen and high res screen enabled in Config, general config.?  Does he have the mach 3 window maximized?  The only reason I can think he would not get a tool path displayed is if he has turned off the tool path (diagnostics screen, button above the reset button).  If your xml is working fine and his isn't, send him a copy of yours but I would name it something unique.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Jim P

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 01:18:42 PM »
Brett,
 He tried to maximize the window. He is pretty Savvy at computers. I'll have him check the settings you suggested and send the XML tonight. What would be the reason to rename the file? Just wanting to know.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 04:10:32 PM »
No reason other than being sure you know which and which and if you use the default it can get over written if you install another version of Mach.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Jim P

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 04:28:33 PM »
Duh!! Where is the hitting your head with a hammer emoticon?