Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:25:25 PM

Author Topic: Two more questions  (Read 2582 times)

Offline lew

•  74 74
    • View Profile
Two more questions
« on: February 11, 2007, 10:55:20 AM »
Is there a setting that would stop the spindle after pressing the esc key?
Right now, If something goes wrong I hit the esc key. But, the spindle does not stop. I've got a breakout board with relays on it. I use one of these relays to control the spindle power with M04/03 start and M05 stop.
Also, when I power the system down for the day and then come back and power it up all the axis' are set to zero. If I didn't home the machine on power down, I have to reset the absolute zero's for all the axis'. Is there any setting I can adjust that will cause the system to remember the position just before shut down?
Thanks
LEW

Hood

Re: Two more questions
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 12:01:03 PM »
For the first one I think really the best option is to use an E Stop button that will shut off all power to your spindle etc. You could I suppose set up a screen button that uses ESC as a hotkey which will do the M5 command but its not the safest way.
 For the second go to config and then general config and check persistant offsets, still best to do a homing move even with persistant offsets.
Hood

Hood

Re: Two more questions
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 12:03:34 PM »
Oh and also make sure the check is out of the "Copy G54 from G59......."  option on the general configs page.
Hood