Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:25:52 PM

Author Topic: Hall of shame  (Read 173376 times)

Re: Hall of shame
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2016, 04:46:38 PM »
So I am guessing the reason I have boxes across the top of my screen where the drop down menus are supposed to be: file config help etc means the oem copy of mach 3 that came with my chinese 6040 engraver router mill is pirated?  Please confirm and I will purchase license immediately!!!

Thanks,
Ken

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2016, 01:42:26 AM »
Hi Ken,

Welcome to the forum.

When you purchase a Chinese machine it is most unlikely to be supplied with a genuine Mach3 license.

I have no idea why your screen has boxes across the top, it is not a license issue.

Rename your Mach3 folder to Mach3 backup (or something similar).
Download and install a fresh copy of Mach3 http://www.machsupport.com/software/mach3/
Copy the <your profile> .xml file from the backup to your new Mach3 folder.

Mach3 should then work correctly.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2016, 06:58:19 AM »
Thanks Tweakie  I appreciate your help! I ran across your website when I was trying to figure this out. I am new to CNC. I have built several 3d  printer and have run manual lathes for many years
It is nice to know I can find help here!
Thanks again
Ken

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2017, 04:44:22 AM »
I mentioned FASTERCNC.CO.LTD in an earlier post as a peddler of a Mach3 pirate license.
Now it appears that they are also using the name DDREAMCNC.CO.LTD to peddle the same Mach3 fake license.

Tweakie.

PEACE

Offline Bucks

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2017, 05:58:21 AM »
Is there a way you can check if forum members have a valid licence? Like as part of joining the forum having to disclose your licence no? or something similar? Probably a lot easier said than done, but just a thought

I was one of these who received a fake licence with my Chinese cnc, but you'll be glad to know I purchased a legit licence after tweekie picked up on it

Offline Bucks

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2017, 06:03:51 AM »
Is there a way you can check if forum members have a valid licence? Like as part of joining the forum having to disclose your licence no? or something similar? Probably a lot easier said than done, but just a thought

I was one of these who received a fake licence with my Chinese cnc, but you'll be glad to know I purchased a legit licence after tweekie picked up on it

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2017, 06:17:34 AM »
Hi Bucks,

I think we have all thought long and hard about the pirate license situation and new forum members but so far nothing has surfaced as being an easily workable solution.  :'(

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Bucks

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2017, 06:27:52 AM »
Sounds like most things, Easier said than done!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2017, 05:51:17 AM »
Another Chinese enterprise NOVUSUN (or is it a previous business re-branded ??) has it's installation software automatically install their supplied Pirate License.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2017, 06:43:08 AM »
A couple of screenshots taken from the CHINACNCZONE software installation video (from their website). This is yet another Chinese business peddling a Pirate Mach3 Licence.

Tweakie.
PEACE