Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 11:02:12 PM

Author Topic: New computer No movement  (Read 2385 times)

New computer No movement
« on: April 16, 2013, 06:08:06 AM »
I have just replaced the computer the drives my chinese CNC and am unable to get my steppers up and running. The machine worked brilliantly prior to the replacement of the computer. The new (2nd hand) computer had Vista installed. I have reformatted the drive and have installed XP professional and the latest lock down version of mach3. When I start up the computer I can hear the steppers 'thunk' and appear to be getting the same amount of power that they used to get with the old computer (I can hear them 'hissing'). When mach 3 starts up the steppers seem to shut down. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Matt

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: New computer No movement
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 06:58:37 AM »
Correct port address?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 04:36:44 AM »
Yep,
I managed to get movement out of the Z axis last night but only in one direction, which is a bit of a pain. The Y axis is trying to move but doesn't seen to have enough torque to get going. I have been messing around with the ports and pins settings but am really struggling to get the pins assigned correctly.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 05:20:28 AM »
Matt,

What CNC controller are you using and do you know the correct step and direction pin allocations for the controller ?

Tweakie.
PEACE