Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:31:08 PM

Author Topic: RYE router Retrofit  (Read 17632 times)

Re: RYE router Retrofit
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 08:15:45 AM »
Good news, next week money should come in and i will order the controller.

I have done the IN/OUT  load specifications and  i will have enough IO  with the main SCMIO/IP-A  controller.

here the links of my need and how they will be plug to the board.
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 10:40:47 AM »
So before i start  drawing  the  all wiring system diagram , i would like to have   opinion of  mach3 users  about the  Machine Start up procedure

Switch on procedure

1. Switch mains isolator ON. The transformers 24V  110V  220V  are powered.

2. Push the green button "SYSTEM ON".

2.1  The Mach3 computer will boot up.
   2.2  The system  contactor get closed.
   2.3  The CSMIO controller and the SAFETY closed-loop is powered in 24V
   2.4  The Bosch servo drive are powered in 24V
   2.5  Emergency stop is activated because of the drive 380v main power is missing  K01

3. The Mach3 control display  shows "DRIVE FAULT" and "E-STOP"

4    Reset the fault in Mach3 to activated the drive ( drive enable )
    4.1 Push " DRIVE ON "  button for 5 seconds until  K01 stay closed  ( drive enable signal got trough the  K01 380v NO contact  )
    4.2  this action will bypass  E-STOP loop by powering directly the  Safety relay  ( PNOZ-X3 )
    4.3  this will closed K01 and enable drive power stage 
    4.4 the drive ready signal ( drive fault ) is now close in the safety loop emergency circuit 

5. Machine is ready for automatic  HOME POSITION

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DRIVE ON  will be use after an  EXTREM OVER TRAVEL , in this case turn the switch OVERRIDE ON  and Hold down the button until you cleared the switch by jog the axis in the opposite way

If the machine reach an Axis limit switch, turn the switch OVERRIDE ON  ( this will bypass the open limit switch by delivering 24v signal to the controller input )
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 10:53:32 AM by Joyeuxmael »
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 11:02:07 AM »
Picture of my RYE CNC router

When the truck delivery me the machine the way was FROZEN so i get the help of the neighbour with a crane... pulling the truck !!!
that was the beginning of a long day,

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 04:02:23 PM »
Looks like a nice machine, not what people usually think of when you say you have a router, thats a real one :)

I do a similar kind of idea to yours except my main isolator is used to switch on the mains to the 24v power supply and also mains to things like the computer, so I can switch on the computer from my panel.
 My drives contactors are powered via a switch on my panel (On/Off button) this powers the drives and coolant pumps and also shuts a contact so that my E-Stop string is closed. If I dont power the drives via that switch then I can not reset Mach as the E-Stop is open.
Hood
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 04:31:47 PM »
So, i am in the good  "Industrial" way

The point is i don't TRUST in  Windows computer for my safety.  I prefer coil and mechanic.....

A question about MACH ? It is possible to reset an emergency fault in mach3 ( axis not ready ) until i powered them up ? it is because a need a close contact drive enable.
if not, i will put a by pass to shunt Mach3 during the launching phase.
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 04:43:01 PM »
Pictures

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 05:17:52 PM »
Not really sure what you are meaning. What is the emergency fault signal? Is it the E-Stop input or?
Hood
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 07:08:38 PM »
Yes it is the csmio/ip E-stop input

So my POWER ON push button will have 3 effect

Bypass the safety loop
Bypass mach3 drive enable
Powered the PNOZ safety relay solenoid

After 3 second if all the motion equipment  are working correctly the safety loop is self-maintening and you can release the POWER ON

It is a kind of STARTER !   I should call it   " IGNITION "

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 07:15:13 PM »
Make that button a momentary key switch and crank that baby up.  ;D

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2013, 04:26:34 AM »
Yes that should work fine. :)
Also have the drive fault signals set up as the dedicated fault signals in the plugin and that will halt all motion and E-Stop Mach if a drive faults. You need to home the first time you switch Mach on but after that you will just have to reset Mach and it will know where it is, assuming of course you keep the logic side of your drives powered.
Hood