Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:34:33 AM

Author Topic: Limit Switch  (Read 2668 times)

Limit Switch
« on: March 28, 2013, 12:25:10 AM »
Hi there, being very new to the game of cnc and having nearly completed building a cnc router table, I need some advice, I have just conected the limit switches to the x,y and z axis and may I say that they work really well, BUT every time a switch is activated it stops the machine and I have to turn of the power to the steppers in order to move the machine of the mark to re activate the axis, is there an ??? easier way of re-activating the axis without having to turn it back manually by hand to restart the machine? if there is I would greatly appreciate it if some one could explain it to me.

Re: Limit Switch
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 12:35:09 AM »
On your SETTINGS screen, you can override the switches enabling you to reset then run back off of them. Just be sure you go in the proper direction when doing so.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 05:45:02 AM »
Thanks for the info, Overloaded it worked fine   ;D
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 01:01:46 PM »
Great !
Study up on using Soft Limits, they will help to prevent unintentionally running into the limits thereby negating the need to re-refference the machine.
Glad I could help,
Russ
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 10:43:54 PM »
Thanks again Overloaded, will have to dig out the manual and have a bloody good read, seem like there is a lot of info I missed, like the old saying goes "when all else fails read the manual"
Nick