Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:18:46 AM

Author Topic: Got Probs with threading on the Lathe  (Read 8442 times)

Got Probs with threading on the Lathe
« on: March 20, 2013, 03:48:11 PM »
Hello

today I wanted to thread on my Lathe...
The Thread works but with an issue I  can´t explain my self.

here is the program for the Thread´s

N690 T0404
( Thread )
N710 S600
N720 G0 X11 Z1
N730 G76 X9.25 Z-4.5 P0.75 H0.25 C1 I30 
N740 G1 X13 F200
N750 G1 Z-4.5
N760 G76 X11.25 Z-9.5 P0.75 H0.25 C1 I30
N770 G0 X28
N780 G0 Z20
N790 M30

The Problem is that the tool cut the first pass and till here all is fine ...but at the end of the lenghs of the thread when the tool picks up to run to the beginning for  starting the next pass the tool picks up very very slowly...reached the measure the tool continues with the next pass... reached the lenghts the tool picks up very very slowly....

If I got four hours of time to produce the thread ...than I dont care ...but I got no time for this jokes.

Can someone help me to understand the issue ...HOOD where are you  :D

Thanx

Vortex

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Got Probs with threading on the Lathe
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 05:24:59 PM »
Can you attach your xml and I will have a look, also not quite sure what you are meaning by "tool picks up"

Hood
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 02:11:55 AM »
Hi Hood...

Yes...Pick up is not the right word.

I mean , when the tool reaches the end of the lenghts and than get off the piece and run to the beginning to continue with the next pass.

Always at the end of the threat when the tool gets off , it get off very very slowly

I atteached you the XML ...hope you find wahts wrong.

Thank You men

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 03:50:24 AM »
Ah ok, the pull out, yes that is a problem with the CSMIO or rather Mach and the way it communicates with the plugin. If an external device is using full encoder to sync the Z to spindle then Mach has a delay in updating the plugin with information,
 The Galil also suffered with this problem when they used encoder to sync Z so they reverted to single index pulse method.
 I found an older version of Mach made the pullout almost instantaneous, if I recall it was 022. The spindle override did not work in that version however and I did not test it for long to see if there were any other issues but it may be worth you giving it a try.
 I have been assured that there will not be a problem in Mach4 but when that will be available I have no idea, could be 2 months, could be 2 years ;D
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 03:53:45 AM »
BTW have a look and see what your chamfer (L)  is set to, set it to 0 and see if it helps.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 04:06:18 AM »
Hello Hood

If you take a look in my Program in G76 there is no chamfer value set.
Do I have to set a Chamfer Value to 0 ???

So how I understand you, there is a general problem with the CSMIO and Mach3 when threading ?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 04:14:51 AM »
If the G76 does not specify any of the words then Mach will look at your setup on Config menu then Ports and Pins then Turn Options page, you may have the Chamfer set to something other than 0 there.

Here is a video of my wee lathe doing a simulated thread, you can see the delay in the pull out, I am using the spindle override to show how it tracks the thread nicely.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKp343Ubf7U

Here is one where I was using 022 version of Mach and you can see the pull out is much quicker.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKp343Ubf7U

Also if your spindle speed is fairly slow then I think the pull out tends to be slower for some reason, so if you can increase the spindle speed it may help, that will however depend on your Z axis rapid speed as to whether it is possible.

Hood
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 04:39:54 AM »
I watched your videos....and your pull out is quicker in any case  :D

On my machine the pull out tooks about a minute !!!!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 04:45:07 AM »
Ok just had a look at your xml and I see a few things but the main one is you are in demo mode. Threading does not work in the unlicensed version of Mach and I am surprised you are even getting it working as well as you are.
Hood
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 04:53:54 AM »
Got no Demo version. I purchased the Full version complete with my machines .

Can you do something with the XML ???

I will contact the reseller and ask him what the ********* he sold me. I payed a lot of money for this things and want no Demo Version for my bugs.