Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:31:32 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 Bug? Causing overrun of drives  (Read 12293 times)

Offline P_D_B

•  35 35
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 Bug? Causing overrun of drives
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 03:53:31 PM »
Maybe one of you can help me understand why this helped.  I went into motor tuning and decreased my velocity to 400 ipm then tried the program.  Still the same problem.  So I went back to motor tuning and increase my acceleration to 40 (10%) of velocity.  Now the program runs.  A little better explanation of how these two relate would be helpful.

Thanks in advance
------------------------------------------------------------
Remember Einstein said this...."We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

Pete

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 04:11:35 PM »
There was a bug a while back in Mach that could cause issues if Z axis was quite a bit different in tuning than X and Y. Ray should be able to fill you in more on that as I am sure he suffered from it. I would have to search back to see so hopefully Ray will chime in.
Anyway I am thinking thats unlikely to be your problem as yours were not that far off each other and unless you have adjusted the Z to the same as X and Y they will actually be further out now.

Hood

Offline P_D_B

•  35 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 04:18:47 PM »
Hood,

I made all axes the same

Pete
Remember Einstein said this...."We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

Pete

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2013, 04:22:06 PM »
Still think its a long shot as I was sure the Z had to be way out compared to other axes but maybe not, Ray will be able to say for sure.

What Rev of Mach are you using?
Hood

Offline P_D_B

•  35 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 04:55:51 PM »
Version R3.043.022

Pete
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 06:20:40 PM »
IIRC, v3.043.022 is the version I had that problem with.  However, it was only an issue when the Z axis was set for lower velocity/acceleration than the other axes, and only when transitioning from a 2-axis arc move to a three-axis move.  Mach3 would ignore the Z axis acceleration, and command it to accelerate at the rate of the other two axes, which, of course Z could not do.  I've been told it was fixed quite some time ago.

Have you tried running with a more recent version of Mach3?  That one is quite old.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline P_D_B

•  35 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 06:27:07 PM »
No, I have not upgraded yet.  Few reason why, 1) just was thinking about it the other day but was unsure if it required purchasing again 2) Do not know what all I will have to start over from the beginning again. Whether I will have to redo all brains, screensets and settings. 

Pete

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2013, 06:43:23 PM »
You shouldn't have to start over at all or buy another licenses.  It would be a good idea to make a copy of your entire C:/Mach3 folder and put it on a thumb drive before any changes, but this is always true and just precautionary.  You should be able to just download and install.  I wouldn't get the development or lockdown on the downloads page right now.  We haven't nailed anything down yet but quite a few suspect problems with them.  I'll let Ray recommend a version.  I'd say 3.043.056 or .057.

ftp://machsupport.com/Mach/

Brett

;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2013, 06:46:09 PM »
Brett,

I can't recommend a version - I stopped using Mach3 well over a year ago.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline P_D_B

•  35 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2013, 07:07:28 PM »
Ray,
I have to ask Why you quit using Mach?

Pete