Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:15:00 AM

Author Topic: G83 Random Bug  (Read 20275 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: G83 Random Bug
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2013, 08:36:36 AM »
Hopefully Brett will have the test machine up and running soon. In the mean time have you tried a different version of Mach? Recommend you try 056 or 057 as I have found them to be very stable on my machines. Others have said up to 062 is also fine but please dont use 066 or 067 as they have issues for a lot of people and in my opinion 066 should not be on the website as the lockdown version.

You will find the other versions on the ftp site
ftp://anonymous@machsupport.com/Mach/

Hood
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2013, 08:39:03 AM »
Thanks Hood,
We will have a look this afternnon.
Dennis
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2013, 08:47:06 AM »
We have tried Mach3 version 57 and left it on the machine at the moment.

Allowing for the fact that this is a random bug these are the results.

A. After start up of the Mach3 software the G83 programme misbehaves as before but only for the fist run of the programme.

After that it seems to behave properly until the Mach3 software is restarted when it seems to perform as line A.

So we can run the programme in air for the first run while it sorts itself out and then put tools in the spindle and put on a pair of brown corduroy trousers to run the job.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2013, 10:00:24 AM »
Dennis, in the test files you sent there is no G83 in test2.txt  There is a G83 on line 9 in test.txt.  If you would, mail me 2 complete files or post them here.  One known good and one known bad.  The closer they match one another the better but make sure they are known to be either fine or problematic.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2013, 10:24:07 AM »
Brett.

Only the test file has a G83.

Test 2 was written out long hand to check that the machine would work normally and it does.

We have not managed to make a G83 file that will work without the bug.

Please see my last post where I tried an alternative version of Mach3.
As you will see the bug is only there on the first run.

Please let me know if I can send you anything else.

Dennis

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2013, 10:30:22 AM »
OK, I'm sorry, I misunderstood.  I thought it was a G83 random bug but your saying it is a bug with G83 anytime it is used?  I hope so, that should make it easier to pin down.

Yeah, I saw that after one air cut it was fine in an earlier version.

Brett

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2013, 11:52:31 AM »
Brett,
Yes that's it.
Whenever we use the G83 we can nearly always produce the bug that seems to swap the feed speed with the rapid approach speed.
We can make a video if that helps.
Dennis

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2013, 11:55:47 AM »
Thanks Dennis, that wont be necessary right now.  Let me get my machine back together and do some testing.  I appreciate your help with this.

brett

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2013, 05:47:55 AM »
He did do everything he possibly could remotely, as did Greg, but it seemed every time the thing was "instrumented", it would behave.  As soon as I tried to get any real work done, it would act up again. 
I read this to mean that while the version of Mach3 had debug diagnostics in it the program would run correctlly, but when the diagnostics were removed it would fail.

IF (!) this is correct, then what you probably have is a race conditions in the code. They are well known elsewhere for creating random behaviour which does not appear when in debug mode. The reason is that the debug instructions alter the internal timing so the race condition goes away. The very devil to sort out! Bugs fixes in various releases will also alter the timing, affecting the frequency of the crash.

Me, I am running 022 and probably staying there until Mach4 is released. I can recognise certain well-known bugs in subroutine layering (Hi Ray) and just program around them.

Cheers

Offline rufan

•  38 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2013, 04:41:26 PM »
Dear,

Just recently finish retrofit on a Brother TC-225.
I just noticed that I also have problems with this random G83.
It seems to happend only when drilling the firts hole of a part.
I am using the 66 version. Tomorrow I will downgrade the version and hope this helps.

Thanks for this topic otherwise I was troubleshooting for a long time.