Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:20:12 AM

Author Topic: G83 Random Bug  (Read 20268 times)

G83 Random Bug
« on: March 15, 2013, 04:25:01 AM »
Machine :Matchmaker 800 Vertical Mill
Using Machmotion Ultimate screen

Hello,
I am a new user of Mach 3 it has been recently retrofitted to replace an old Ah Ha system.
Everything works fine except:
When using G83 peck drilling cycle IE.
T3M6
G0G90X0.Y-10.A0.S1500M3
G43H3Z2.M8
G99G83Z-29.R2.Q2.F100.
G80

The control will work perfectly for any random number of components and then do this:
Feed approach to feed plane
Rapid to peck depth
Rapid out
Which it then repeats to the full depth of the hole.
This breaks drills.

It is as if the Feed and Rapid get reversed.

The most strange thing is that the frequency of this problem is completely random.
Sometimes it works fine from the start then changes. Other times the problem is there from the first component.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions.
Thank you
Dennis

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: G83 Random Bug
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 06:58:42 AM »
What version of Mach are you using?
If you attach your xml and also the m1083.m1s macro I will take a look. You will probably have to rename or zip them as the forum only accepts a file name once.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 07:17:29 AM »
Hello Hood,

Version R3.043.022

The m1083.m1s file was in the main mach3 folder not in the profile folder.

Files should be attached.

Many thanks
Dennis
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 08:46:30 AM »
Ha!  I stopped using Mach3 over a year ago because of exactly that bug!  It broke dozens of drills.  I spent hours on the phone with both Brian Barker and Greg Cary over a period of several months trying to isolate it, and we never were able to.  On the rare good days, I could drill hundreds of holes without a problem.  Other days, I was lucky if I could drill three holes before it tried to rapid the drill to China partway through a drilling cycle.  It was completely random, and in my case had nothing to do with G83, as I used hard-coded peck cycles.

Just curious - Are you using a motion controller, or just the parallel port?

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 09:06:51 AM »
Ray,
Thanks for that. At least we're not alone.

We are using 2 parallel ports via an Apollo breakout board.

We are running Windows 7.

It would be very interesting to compare our specifications to yours

If the error occurs it does it on the first peck and then again all through the cycle.

So it doesn't seem to go wrong once the peck has started.

Each hole is drilled OK if it's first peck is OK.

We think the G00 and the G01 are getting swapped somehow.

We haven't had a problem with G81 yet.

If anyone else has any input on this it will be greatly appreciated.

Dennis

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 10:09:10 AM »
Ray,
 Just a shame you declined Brians offer to fly you up with your computer to try and find your issue, didnt realise this was one but good to know.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 10:15:16 AM »
Ray,
 Just a shame you declined Brians offer to fly you up with your computer to try and find your issue, didnt realise this was one but good to know.
Hood

Say what?  There was no such offer.  And even if there was, no guarantee it would've led to a solution.  It could sometimes work for days at a time with no problem, other times I couldn't do even one hole.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 10:27:18 AM »
Maybe I am dreaming Ray but I was sure Brian mentioned that in a post on the forum.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 10:31:59 AM »
Well just did a search and here is what I found, looks like my memory is still reasonably good :)

I am working on Mach3 all the time looking for issues. I spent months working on Rays issue and found some of them (both of us to blame). At the end of the day he will end up with his own little interface for the KFlop and I am happy that he is happy. But I lost months of dev time and I wouldn't change what I did. The fact that he didn't get what he wanted was not a lack of effort. I offered more then one time to fly him out with his PC work work at the office here and to get it working as he would like. I also offered to fly out to work on his machine. I don't know what more I can do other then to build up machine and send it to him. If that is not good support then I just don't know what to do and I give up.

And your reply

Just to backup what Brian said, his support has been truly outstanding,

Post is here if you want to read it http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,20546.msg143035.html#msg143035

Hood
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 10:37:22 AM »
Hood,

I don't recall Brian ever making such an offer to me, and I don't how I could've done it anyway.  The "PC" is an integral part of the entire controller on that machine, which is a 24x24x12" steel box jam-packed with electronics, weighing probably 150#.  Moving it is simply not practical.  He did do everything he possibly could remotely, as did Greg, but it seemed every time the thing was "instrumented", it would behave.  As soon as I tried to get any real work done, it would act up again.  We found and fixed several other problems, but not this one.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.