Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:32:01 PM

Author Topic: Getting up and running in Vista  (Read 237654 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Getting up and running in Vista
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2015, 02:00:04 AM »
Will Mach3 always say (demo) even though I downloaded the license?  Or did I put the license in the wrong place?

If it's any help, your license file is called    Mach1Lic.dat   and it should be placed in the Mach3 folder.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2016, 07:26:00 AM »
Please help with this if you can?
I am a new beginner. I purchased mach3 which appears to have installed ok but I had to install a parallel port (com 3) the address for this that I was told to use is 0x040 can anyone tell me if this is correct please?
The software seems to run okay but I get no movement from the cnc 3040T. I am hoping this is because the port address is wrong. I am running vista any asdvice would be appreciated and could stop me jumping out the window :)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2016, 07:45:58 AM »
Please help with this if you can?
I am a new beginner. I purchased mach3 which appears to have installed ok but I had to install a parallel port (com 3) the address for this that I was told to use is 0x040 can anyone tell me if this is correct please?
The software seems to run okay but I get no movement from the cnc 3040T. I am hoping this is because the port address is wrong. I am running vista any asdvice would be appreciated and could stop me jumping out the window :)

Who did you purchase Mach3 from please ??

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2016, 08:23:32 AM »
Newfangled solutions

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2016, 08:33:03 AM »
Don't jump !!  ;D

Windows Device Manager will show the address of the LPT parallel port which you have installed. The first 4 digits are the address you should enter into Port#1 (Mach3 will add the 0x ).

Hopefully, this is all that is stopping movement being achieved.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2016, 08:44:07 AM »
Thankyou for your help. I did that (address was 400..thankyou) but it has made no difference. i purchased my cnd from uk but the manual is a poorly translated from chinese manual. The settings it gives; motor tuning etc are very different from the tutorials on youtube. motor movement (yioutube advises) 1800 steps per and 0 dir pulse. manual instructs steps per 400 dir pulse 10. i have tried both with no improvement. everything ion mach 3 programe appears to work on screen okay but nothing appears to be getting through to cnc

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2016, 11:13:00 AM »
I had to install a parallel port (com 3) the address for this that I was told to use is 0x040 can anyone tell me if this is correct please?

Just to check - are you sure you're getting the address of the correct port from device manager? It's just that you've mentioned com3. COM3 is a SERIAL port not a parallel port.
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2016, 11:16:46 AM »
Really appreciate your help with getting started.
Port settings are ok now, getting movement now (was c400)but diagmostics is showing error on output 1.
I can load and run gcode ok now but the cnc is not following the path shown on mach 3 screen?

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2016, 11:37:14 AM »
diagmostics is showing error on output 1.
I can load and run gcode ok now but the cnc is not following the path shown on mach 3 screen?

Not a lot to go on - can you explain a bit more what you mean by error on output1 and what path IS the cnc following?
« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2016, 11:55:44 AM »
I`m running on luck here :-) no expertise at all first time user.
The diagnostic screen shows output 1 flashing red in the Output Signals section. I have movement on the machine but it is not following the toolpath of Roadrunner gcode. Would the machine automatically go to starrt positions when turning on? I`m just wondering if that is the problem, if it is starting in the wrong position?