Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:50:22 AM

Author Topic: Limit/homing help.  (Read 2513 times)

Limit/homing help.
« on: February 25, 2013, 11:58:56 AM »
Ok I have set up my mill with 3 switches one at +Z max one at -X max and one at -Y max. All wired in series set to NC and wired too input pin 12. In ports and pins I have X,Y,&Z home all enabled and set to pin 12. I also have limit -X,-Y,&+Z set to pin 12 enabled. And in the homing/limits menu I have set X&Y to home neg.

So when I hit ref all Z moves up and trips the home switch, then backs off. As soon as I hear the click of the switch releasing it trips "limit switch tripped" if I disable the limit side and just leave the homing enabled it homes just fine. But with the limits enabled it trips limit every time... I thought mach ignored limits when homing? Am I doing something wrong here?? I'm currently short on inputs till I get my second lpt port and bob and I'm out of switches.. does each axis need a separate pin? I will eventually set it up with limits on both sides and each axis on a separate input but it mite take me a couple weeks.

Kevin.
Nsr customs.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Limit/homing help.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 01:19:52 PM »
It sounds like you may have a bouncing switch or possibly noise, go to Config menu then General Config and set the Debounce Interval to 2000 and see if it helps, if it does reduce by as much as you can.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 09:58:22 PM »
K ill try that. The z switch is older then the x & y. It was the original z limit on the mill and the other 2 were new so it may be loose internally. If that does fix it ill replace the z switch and see if it helps.
Thanks!

Kevin.
Nsr customs.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 03:32:01 PM »
2000 debounce fixed it. I haven't tried reducing it yet. Now I'm trying to track down lost steps in x.
Thanks!
Kevin.
Nsr customs.