Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:43:47 AM

Author Topic: little help needed :)  (Read 4875 times)

Re: little help needed :)
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 07:58:18 AM »
it woudnlt bent it tbh it would knock it all out of square worst case would snap 8 bolts holding boom to where the motors go,

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 08:47:23 AM »
Dont think your servos would be powerful enough for that but just some low motion relatively short moves would show it up.
I think the problem would follow the drive as it does seem to me to be a tuning or drive issue.

If not wanting to do that, can you monitor the position from the drives software on another computer or possibly it has a scope in the software that you can use in manual tuning mode. You could then look at the response of the moves the drive is making whilst in the manual tuning mode, maybe even compare to another axis. I think things are over damped and you are just not getting the axis on track soon enough at the end of a move.
Hood
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2013, 09:00:24 AM »
I kno the servos are strong enough to snap 8 bolts easily, we have a vacuum pump and on a full sheet it works out to about 4tonne holding the sheet down, and i have seen the motors on the x push the sheet striaght off in the past 8 x m12 aint going to stand that imo lol.

I have garry at zapp automation seeing if he can send us the firmware update for older drives to match the firmware to new drive

thanks again Hood