Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:43:18 PM

Author Topic: Homing Sequence  (Read 14294 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Homing Sequence
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 11:38:14 AM »
First off it is a bad idea to have normally open switches, especially if using them as limits as well. Reason for that is if there is a problem with the switch such as a broken wire then the first you will know about is when the axis sails past the limit switch and hits the end of travel.

Ok have a look on diagnostics page and see if the home switches LEDs are lit when not triggered, if so change the active state of them.
Can you attach your xml and I will see if there is a problem with your config.
Hood

Offline QSRP

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 11:59:11 AM »
I wired them normally open because that is how the manual says to do it.  On the diagnostics page, the home LEDS are not lit until they have contact made.

Attached is a copy of my XML file.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 12:17:10 PM »
Long time since I looked at the manual but I would be surprised if it  recommends normally open.

Ok will the axis move right to the switch if you let it? If not then set some Debounce  Interval on General Config page, try 2000 and if it helps work down until it happens and then slightly increase.
Hood

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 12:48:55 PM »
I would just go back to the older version that worked correctly but I cannot find anywhere in it where I can change the homing order.  

ftp://machsupport.com/Mach/

Brett
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 02:36:42 PM by Chaoticone »
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 01:22:47 PM »
Just a thought, please if you go to an older version try something more recent, maybe 057. reason I say that is 066 and 067 are disasters for Turn, I have also found some issues with them and mill so this may be another.
Oh and BTW you will have to copy Bretts link without the http:// part or it wont work, for some reason the forum automatically adds that to any link.
Hood

Offline QSRP

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 04:59:32 PM »
Thanks both for the help and assistance.  When I said I wired the switches to normally open because that was what the manual said.  It was not the MACH3 manual, it was the Camtronics manual.

I did wire the switches to normally closed and changed the config.  In this setup, when I hit the Ref. All Home, the axis move only a few thousandths and then start the next axis without ever a switch being made.  I can see in the diagnostics page that when I have the switches wired for normally closed, the axis LEDs are lit and if I activate the switch, the LEDs go out.

I switch it back to normally open and everything works fine except for the motors not reversing when the home switches are made.

I am ready to just give up.

Pat

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 05:12:52 PM »
Ok you had the active state set wrong when you connected the switches Normally Closed, they should have been set Active High instead of Active Low.

Did you try some Debounce Interval (Config menu then General Config)
If that doesnt help please try an older version of Mach but not as old as the one you had as it will be very interesting to see if this is yet another issue with the lockdown and development versions.
Hood

Offline QSRP

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 07:52:44 AM »
Hood & Chaoticone

I have taken all of your advise and appreciate all the help you both have given me.  I got so frustrated yesterday because I do not understand how to do this configuration stuff so I just walked away for the day.  Because of this, I have taken your advise and downloaded the R3.043.057.  I will install this Version tonight and start over from the beginning.  The first piece of advise you gave me and what I want to get working right is having the homing switches wired for normally closed.

I will let you know how things go.

Thanks,
Pat

Offline QSRP

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 11:53:09 AM »
Another question I have is this.  When I wire the Home switches for normally closed, Should I wire them individually to separate inputs or wire them in Series and to just one input?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2013, 01:20:57 PM »
You can do either, you can have all axis in on one input or have each axis on an input or even all switches seperate (assuming you have enough inputs)
Hood