Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:14:00 PM

Author Topic: Problem with the homing sequence.  (Read 7582 times)

Problem with the homing sequence.
« on: February 18, 2013, 08:59:45 PM »
I am having an issue with homing. After a few gcode runs then shutting down for the night then starting up the next day mach 3 will not home all axis (the motors don't move but the indicators turn green). One time the Z axis would home but not x & y, once none of the axis would home, the last time only the x would home not z & y. The dro's for the axis of the motors that do not turn do not change.

I can restore from my backup of the particular custom profile and the homing process works again.

It seems as though mach 3 is the culprit most likely due to my lack of experience with this software.

Does anyone know what would cause this homing problem?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with the homing sequence.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 10:38:16 PM »
I can restore from my backup of the particular custom profile and the homing process works again.

Is this not the profile your running all the time?  To be clear, the machine homes as it should using one profile and will not home as it should using a different profile.  Is that right?  If it is, why aren't you using the profile that homes as it should all the time?  What has changed to require a different profile?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 08:34:24 AM »
I have one profile that I use CNC_JR. That is the profile in which this situation occurs and that is the profile that I restore.

After further reading the manual this is what it appears is happening, although I am unsure of why.

"Homed true when no Home switches: This option will make the system appear to be Home referenced
(i.e. LEDs green) at all times. It should be used only if no Home switches are defined under
Ports & Pins>Input Signals tab."

My home switch inputs are still showing the correct pins and are enabled.

And some further information about things I have tried. I am using windows vista and I have installed the patch. I have cycled power to the usb controller. I have re-booted.

If I do not run gcode homing works fine after shutting down and restarting.

The only thing I am changing when I run gcode is the xyz zero and regen toolpath.

If this occurs again I will try to disable and then re-enable my home switches.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 08:36:53 AM by frankbicknell »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 09:52:41 AM »
USB controller? What is it? Also what version of Mach?
Hood
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 08:10:11 PM »
It is a  KL-CNCUSB-3x-breakout board. Mach 3 R3.043.066.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 03:37:22 AM »
Ok never heard of that board but will do a search, in the mean time see if it happens with an older version of Mach. I have had a lot of issues in Turn with 066 and 067 and  found one in Mill with these versions as well so I wont use them now.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 11:07:17 AM »
Thank you for your help. I purchased the products from www.automationtechnologiesinc.com. Where can I get an older version?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 11:13:00 AM »
You can get older versions on the ftp site, if you go here http://www.machsupport.com/downloads.php you will see a link that says Click Here, it takes a wee while to load but you should see a folder called Mach and you will find the older versions in it.
Hood

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:18:04 AM by Chaoticone »
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 09:40:31 PM »
Thanks for all the help. I will try the older version and report back. It will take a couple of days.