Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:15:04 PM

Author Topic: Converting Wadkin UX Router to DspMC, a couple of unknowns  (Read 25159 times)

Re: Converting Wadkin UX Router to DspMC, a couple of unknowns
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 04:49:28 AM »
Hello gentlemen

Thanks Matt for this quick answer and update on your conversion.
I don't fill confortable giving the safety or critical tasks of the machine to a pc running mach3... this stays a pc!
I atready encouter this latency problem with brain which prevents doing things where response time if critical.
My approach will be to  try to keep a PLC inside the machine (the best would be to keep this Num PLC...with its program ... soft start, tools changer ...)

Attached is a picture of my machine, this is roughly the same than Matt's machine except the electrical box is attached to the back of the machine. This position is a problem for me about space to implement the machine. A the top of the space needed by the electrical box, need space to open the doors and access.

About digital consoles ... I was working for Innovason consoles in France before beeing bought by a German company .... Brand still exists.

Matt, do you think it would be possible to send me  a copy (scan) of electrical schematics of your machine? I would appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Bye bye
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 01:41:05 PM »
Hello,

I am back, one week after my wadkin travelled to my shed.
Things are making progress....
The 3 axes are running
Reset of axes is working
NUM720 crashed several time with memory error message : after looking at the main cpu board, problem is mostly due to the NIMH 2.4V battery which was out cahrge for 3 years now.
Consequence : no more program in memory ... no longer %9999.9 program whainch answer error message and most probably contains macros for tool changer.
Matt, thanks again for your schematics, even if it is not the same CN and PLC, most of the machine seems to be identical.

Next problem is running the spindle .... it does not answer to a M3 after an S1000... writing that makes me thinking that 1000 RPM is maybe under the lower limit ... I will try 7000!
Does somebody have an idea?
Another possible cause would be a extraction flow monitor which seems to be installed in MAtt's machine. This air flow also cools down the spindle ... But I can't see it in my machine.

Would somebody have a copy of this %9999.9 program that I can read to get a feeling? There is maybe something hidden in it!

The major trouble which prevented the axis to work  was the horizontal tools changer mouvement which was stuck at the middle of its travel. I wondered why the end sw of the cylinders did not lit ... two reasons : first the cylinder was not at the end and second : the four contacts were reversed wired. Magnetic contact perfectly worked but not the leds. Strange for a 25 years old machine .. This proves again that things that are not tested may be only half good.

My intent is still to convert this machine using Mach3 or 4 but for doing that I would appreciate to be able to see every part working as they been conceived especially tool changer. Some video of the cycle would help a lot.

Next time, next step
Gerard 
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2015, 11:11:22 AM »
Hello bungle,
Do you have the manuals for the Bosch sm10/20 servo drives??
I need only the part of the PID regulation and the part of connection if possible.
I don't know why I can't run the rapid speed more than 12-14 m/min??
May be my drives are +/-15vdc analog input??

Please let me know?
Regards ,
Ghantos