Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:14:11 AM

Author Topic: unwanted creep in jog mode?  (Read 16931 times)

Offline comet

•  336 336
    • View Profile
Re: unwanted creep in jog mode?
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 12:15:32 PM »
OK have been running the machine for a while now without the pendant and I still have the same problem,plus another potentonly lethal one happened the other day. I was jogging with the hand wheel and all 3 axis went off at about 300 mmpm until the servos faulted when the first axis hit the stop. Upon reset I couldnt do anything so I restarted and found that my config file was wiped?? luckly id got a back up,never had that happen before in 6 years of using mach, any ideas?

Offline comet

•  336 336
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2013, 12:37:53 PM »
Any more thoughts on this guys? I'm still having the problem?
Tony
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2013, 01:11:51 PM »
I had the same problem with my xml getting wiped, turned out to be, in my case, a windows problem, caused by a corrupt registry. Just a thought :)

Offline comet

•  336 336
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2013, 01:33:44 PM »
Hmm yes its looking more and more like a format and total reload, just such a pain finding all the drivers again! And you know its goiing toi be 3 hours work and probably won't cure it, which is the most stable version for using with a tool changer? Can I use my old mach files ie xlm settings oir is it ewise to re write them from scratch ?
Tony
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2013, 09:31:59 AM »
Ive been using version 62 for about a year it seems fairly stable. I reused the xml in my backup. Nothing changed on the machine so there was no need to change anything in the settings. The only thing I changed was turning off the wi-fi connection so windows wouldnt update and mess with the settings.
Herman

Offline comet

•  336 336
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2013, 05:49:39 AM »
ok reloaded mach,made no difference, did the press  , for reset trick and it still made no difference.it has got to be something to do with the MPG set up side of things,maybe having 2 mpg's is not so good? could it be the pci pp card that the mpg's wire into? any thoughts guys?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2013, 06:22:12 AM »
Only thing I can suggest is you physically swap the MPG's to the pins that the other is using and see if the problem stays with the MPG that is problematic or whether it stays with the pins.

That is of course if it is just the one MPG that is causing the issue?

Hood

Offline comet

•  336 336
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2013, 06:34:58 AM »
nope its both mpg's and it can happen when there set in any axis combination, once they start creeping i need to flick a hardwired axis selection or step/cont. switch to stop it? as far as pci pp are concerned ive noticed that the moschip ones donot work bi directional ie 2-9 as inputs is there a recomendation for a card that does,i have an old ime ? card which does but there very hard to find these days.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2013, 07:55:38 AM »
Does it happen if you disable one MPG?
Hood

Offline comet

•  336 336
    • View Profile