Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:51:40 AM

Author Topic: Changing computers  (Read 11148 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Changing computers
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2013, 07:14:35 AM »
Sounds like you have not set the spindle relays correctly.
Hood
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2013, 08:52:08 AM »
as Hood has said, there should be a relay that enables the spindle and then the 0-10v signal controls the speed. It seems that you don't have the relay that enables/disables the spindle when the M3/M5 is called.
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2013, 09:01:28 AM »
Is that in the Mach set up as I haven't changed anything on the machine or the wiring going in, I just changed computers. When I look at the diagnostics page all seems correct, there is a green light on the forth pin along on the interface diagram but I'm sure I had that on the old setup.  Last time I had this was on the initial set up of my machine in 2009, I had an interference voltage on the 10v supply that controls the spindle speed. I shielded the wires and redirected them which seems to have solved the problem, but its back. Any other suggestions and where are the relay switches? Jim

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2013, 09:15:33 AM »
Its in Mach, config menu, ports and pins, spindle setup page. Spindle relays are by default disabled. Also however it sounds like you may have the active state of the utput you are using for the relays set wrong.
Hood
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 06:47:56 AM »
OK I can live with the creep of the spindle but if anyone has any ideas of what causes it please let me know.
Here's the facts
I have not changed any of the machines wiring from the BOB.
spindle on works fine (M3)
dial in spindle speeds works fine (S1000)
spindle stop works fine the spindle actually stops but  then about half a second later it start rotating at about 30RPM
Not changed any of the ports and pins from my old set up

I have observed the following
If I turn of the computer off before the machine the spindle stops creeping
If I turn off the machine from the mains and leave the computer on obviously the spindle stops, but when I restart the machine the spindle creeps again.
Occasionally the spindle will actually stop but after a 20 seconds the machine starts to buzz and the spindle starts creeping
The spindle occasionally works perfectly for 10mins then the buzzing starts and the spindle creeps.
I always seem to have a green light on pin 4 but not sure if this was on on the old computer.

I have
Shielded all the wires to the motor drive board
Tried every combination on the spindle relay set up

As I mentioned I will live with it but suspect I'm getting a small voltage on the 0-10v signal to the spindle drive card from the BOB spindle drive slot in card. Whats got me whacked is this has only happened when I replace my aging broken Dell 2400 with a newer Dell Otiplex duel core computer. Any suggestions welcome. Jim
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 06:49:53 AM »
i'm not sure if you've allready said, what machine is it.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 07:25:21 AM »
also attach your xml.
Hood
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 08:00:57 AM »
one test would be to raise the lower limit on your spindle pulley setting to 200 (if your max is up to 5000), this should make the spindle run steadily if the drive is enabled. So what you'll see then is the spindle running all the time, you then have to figure out why the enable is not disabling the spindle drive (assuming you have one...i hope so).
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 08:05:58 AM »
Its a Denford Triac mill with a Lynx8o spindle drive board. I repaced all the electronics except for the spindle drive board which was fitted to the machine in 1988, so due for an upgrade as it looks as if its seen better days.  Got and electronics engineer mate coming later in the week as I have just noticed a slight burn mark on the terminal that receives the 0-10v signal. and got a 2.2v signal on it when the spindle is creeping. That's the limit of my electronics knowledge. Will send xml as soon as he's had a look. Jim
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 08:09:28 AM »
ok so it's the older open triac with the electronics originally underneath the base. There would have been a contacter/relay to enable the spindle drive as well as the 0-10v input (should have an isolated supply or have it's own isolater onboard) I'll do a search on the lynx driver and see if i can find the enable inputs.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 08:19:49 AM by angel tech »