Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:54:38 PM

Author Topic: Changing computers  (Read 11151 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Changing computers
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 08:53:32 AM »
Did your profile have the same name as the one you are starting? in other words you may be starting Mach3Mill profile but your xml was named something different?
Hood
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 09:08:44 AM »
Hi Hood, I think I did, I'm sitting here watching the footie and playing on the computer. As I've said before I do my program compling in the warm. I've just looked at the config on this computer and they seem Ok (this computer does not control my CNC. I think I might have made an error in what I called the profile. The snow is belting down in Brum so will have a look when it stops. Can you confirm that I did not make a mistake in leaving the parallel port driver box ticked when installing Mach3. Jim

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 09:10:40 AM »
If you are using an external controller then you do not need the port driver.
Hood
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 04:28:39 AM »
Ok Hood found the problem. for some unknown reason (me) my xml had nothing in it, however I did have a paper record of my settings so put them back in by hand. It all works and I have remade a new xml file and stuck it on a backup disk. Thanks for your help mate. Are you ready for the snow its on its way up. Jim

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 07:06:24 AM »
Snow is not a huge deal up this way, dont get huge amounts here right on the coast but a few miles inland it  is a normal winter happening.

Hood
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 07:26:54 AM »
make sure you put the xml in when mach is off.
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 05:58:34 AM »
Ok everything running fine except the spindle. It runs OK but when I press the M5 or spindle stop it continues to run at about 30 RPM, even when I close down Mach 3 on the computer it still creeps. If I turn off the machine at the mains when I switch it back on it still creeps. I have put a debounce figure of 2000 in but it still wont stop. When I shut down the computer and the machine together then start them back on its stationary but as soon as I introduce a spindle speed and try and stop it the spindle creeps. I must have a small voltage down the line. This didn't happen on my old computer so any suggestions. Jim
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 06:24:13 AM »
that sounds like you're only using the speed control to run the spindle. There should be an enable to start the spindle as well.
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 06:36:54 AM »
Not sure what you mean Hood. everything works OK when I dial in M3S1000 off it goes, if I then MDI M5 or press F5 the spindle stops then starts to creep at about 30RPM, If I try and stop it by hand there is enought power to prevent me from stopping it. I had this before in 2010 but sheilded the wires from my spindle drive card on my BOB to the Lynx 80 motor controller unit which seemed to solve the problem. I haven't done anything to the machine and connections just replaced the computer with a more modern one. Jim
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2013, 06:39:47 AM »
Sorry Angel Tec thought it was Hood who had replied. Jim