Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:36:41 AM

Author Topic: continuous motion on a Zenbot  (Read 8104 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: continuous motion on a Zenbot
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 06:26:13 AM »
Are you playing with your mouse when running a program?

RICH

Offline CMC

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 03:05:21 PM »
Maybe.   It runs so slow, I may be impatient (that's what my wife says, but I normally don't agree)so I inadvertantly may be moving it.  Note that the computer is an older HP running XP.  Can that age be an issue?  Everything seems to run okay except for the jerky motion of the router head. 

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 04:52:47 PM »
other programs running ??  virus scanner, quicktime, updates,internet

Answer TP's question's.

Post a picture of your machine.
Give a discription of your controller, drives you are using, stepper info and how wired.
What version of Mach are you using?
What operating system?

RICH

Offline CMC

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 04:22:33 PM »
Okay, I bit the bullet.  I assumed the problem was with my old computer and purchased a newer one.  I knew not to get Vist so I got a Sony Vaio with XP Pro on it.  Mach 3 comes up fine and appears to work great on the screen but does not talk to the router.  I think I noticed on a search that some newer versions of Windows after 2000 had port addresses different than before. 

Anyway, the program comes up much faster, can move between screens faster but cannot move my router head.  Any help?

Offline CMC

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 10:06:25 PM »
To all of you that helped---THANK YOU!  Based on everything you said, I bought a newer computer.  As per my last post, I had difficulty loading Mach3 and the drivers using the downloads from several years ago.  Just downloaded fresh from Mach3 and reloaded.  Everything seems to work correctly.  I'll run additional testing tomorrow, but for now,   THANKS!