Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:32:08 AM

Author Topic: configuration for spindle control  (Read 5907 times)

Offline kooka

•  12 12
    • View Profile
Re: configuration for spindle control
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 08:09:57 PM »
there is nothing in the g540 manual in regards to settings for spindle control for the bldc motor,vsd & add on board as the way it is controlled in sx3. was just hoping somebody had been through this procedure could cut out the trial error process. i have had dealings with peter and he is good and helpful but when i communicated with him in regards to spindle control for this setup he couldnt suggest recommend anything. purchased na machining camera from him that have had troubles getting to work left messages for him to call me- still waiting. Nick not too difficult to change out transformer i just desoldered the 110v trans from board soldered 4 x fly leads and have a seperate stand alone 240 - 9v  transformer. you could also use a 240 to 110v stepdown trans before main connection to add on board and would work fine. so you havent been able to get hold of promica? i was trying to contact them unsuccessfuly  for a while too. was interested in their hardware kit for hv-6 rotary table. never heard back. bit strange, what i have seen of their gear looks impressive.
Re: configuration for spindle control
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 12:09:01 AM »
 Dave I may have to look at getting 1 of those controller boards and make the mod with some help for a friend  ;) I have one of the hv-6 setups from promica  ;) it is pretty good. I have his 4 axis IC3A control unit which is tidy but I had issues with the optical sensor inputs to the axis cards.A  friend spotted a few dry joints on the card which I re soldered and they now work fine ;) It is quite strange how Marc has just disappeared he was very good with his after sales service.   
Regards
Nick