Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:23:51 AM

Author Topic: configuration for spindle control  (Read 5904 times)

Offline kooka

•  12 12
    • View Profile
configuration for spindle control
« on: December 31, 2012, 11:47:17 PM »
hello all,  i am hoping one of you nice cluey fella's can clear something up for me(PLEASE!). i have just finished wiring up the littlemachinehop sx3 spindle control upgrade kit and after reading all i can find am still unsure about configuring this in mach3 via g540. when i have tried starting spindle i am getting speed bumped to min message comingup.  any advice on correctly settings much appreciated. thank you.

David

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: configuration for spindle control
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 08:24:49 AM »
Sounds like you may have either the spindle pulleys set incorrectly or you are calling a spindle speed that is lower than you have set in the spindle pulleys.
Hood

Offline kooka

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 09:10:10 AM »
thanks for the reply hood. changed a few settings no longer gettin pwm bumped to min but getting no spindle action. rpm flash's up and quickly  drops off. even after searching forums till not positive about motor output/output signal settings should be. not entirely sure how this mod board works with nothing in regards to settings found online orsent with kit.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 10:00:53 AM »
Heres some instructions I found on their site, not sure if its the exact same board but does seem to be for the SX3
http://littlemachineshop.com/instructions/4213CNCSpindleControlUpgradeKit.pdf

Hood
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 05:36:58 AM »
Hi David I am very interested in this kit for my cnc SX3 ;D but I did notice from Hood's pdf that it appears to be for 110v not 240v as we have in Aust.
Regards
Nick

Offline kooka

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 07:36:37 AM »
gday Nick,  yes you are right is for 110v unfortunately found this out too late and the hard way  by fryin transformer on the plugin board. i have replaced that with a suitable 240v transformer and am currently still tryin to get spindle operational as some other fault must of occured and still tryin to fault find it.

Offline kooka

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 07:38:19 AM »
hi Nick, with the 110v transformer changed out to a 240v one and after finding a tiny defect on pcb(under microscope) i now have some spindle action!!!  about to connect through g540 will let you know how ends up. anyone able to confirm output pin settings/ pwm settings with g540 in mach 3.  cheers,   Dave

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 04:20:03 PM »
Does the G540 manual not tell you what the settings should be?

Hood
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 04:47:08 PM »
hi Nick, with the 110v transformer changed out to a 240v one and after finding a tiny defect on pcb(under microscope) i now have some spindle action!!!  about to connect through g540 will let you know how ends up. anyone able to confirm output pin settings/ pwm settings with g540 in mach 3.  cheers,   Dave
Hi dave this is good news ;D  I just wish I had the electrical smarts to change the transformer  :o and I'm running my machine from a Promica controller and the maker of this system seems to have vanished :-\ I suspect I would have to find some way of getting a pwm signal.
Regards
Nick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 06:07:55 PM »
There are quite a few spindle controllers available, think you are in Australia so maybe Peter Homans ones would be a good choice. I have used a step/dir to analogue one from Peter and it was very nice.
Hood