Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:04:34 AM

Author Topic: Blue Screen of Death  (Read 6906 times)

Re: Blue Screen of Death
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 11:02:04 PM »
I ran it back up to 8000, and lowered the jog rate to 60 and it seems to be working fine now. Is the XML stored in the backup folder?
Mike
Mike Kearns
noveltysigncarver.com

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 03:18:19 AM »
No the xml currently being used is in the main Mach3 folder. Backups are made by Mach every so often but to get the current one copy from the Mach3 folder and save to a separate computer or a pen drive er such like.
Hood
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 08:51:28 AM »
Ok, thanks Hood.
Mike
Mike Kearns
noveltysigncarver.com
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 12:46:17 PM »
Just letting you know that its working good now and got my sign carved with no problems. Another thing I learned out of this is "maintenance". Been carving with this machine for so long now with no problems that I just took it for granted. Well, I started checking things and found some items that were starting to loosen. The reason I did this is because I did a test carve and my X axis would get to a certain point and stall out. Well, come to find out, the brackets that my leadscrew nuts attach to were loose. Tightened everything up and I think it's carving better than ever now. Anyway, thank you for all the help. You saved me from pulling what hair I have left out.
Mike
Mike Kearns
noveltysigncarver.com