Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:18:24 AM

Author Topic: C11t BOB wont talk to C41 pwm board... Im new here and to Mach 3... Help???  (Read 2738 times)

Hello All I am new to Mach 3 and retrofitting and this is my first project...

The Basics:
I bought a South Bend Magna Turn 612 to retrofit to mach 3 a month or so ago..
I gutted the electronics bought a computer and boards I needed and installed them...
I have my x and z axis moving with mach 3 after some fabricating of parts...

Now I am dealing with the spindle....(heavy sigh)....(argggghhhh)..... :-\

I have the c11t from cnc4pc and am attempting to connect to a c41 pwm board from cnc4pc... I know I will probably hear that the c11t has that board basically built into it and i know this (or I think I do)... anyways I had other plans for the two relays on the c11t for coolant and tool turret and wanted to keep the spindle board seperate from my axis board... So its been three or four days and 10 pots of coffee and I need help... I cannot get the mach 3 settings correct for the two board to communicate... I think i have tried every combination of things in port/pins, motor tunung, spindle setup, etc., etc... The spindle motor drive is an older kb electronics , KBPB series, and came with the machine...

Anybody up for helping a newb with his first project???

Please tell me someone out there has retrofitted one of these machines??? (I cannot be the only one I hope...)

If you need more info as im sure you will please ask... I will provide...

Thank you

I am a C11/KB speed control user but have no idea about your C41/C11T question.  (What does the "T" mean by the way?)  Have you contacted Arturo at CNC4PC?  He normally responds pretty quick although my lack of electronics savvy creates a communications gap. ::)

The only advice I can offer is to be VERY careful with the C11/KB isolation issue mentioned in the manual.  I vaporized a track on my C11 and killed one KBIC-120 controller trying all the different hookups shown in the many C11 manual examples.  I finally got smart and bought a KBSI-240 signal isolator on ebay and installed it per KB's instructions.  It works perfectly now and after fixing the C11 track Mach has precise control of spindle speed from 50 to 1800 rpm.

Good luck and I hope you figure out! :)
Milton from Tennessee ya'll.
I dont know what the t means.... just the way its on cnc4pc site...Well i got it figured out... i failed to mention i have ss board to... i checked the pwm box in the plugins section and my dpindle stared turning.... ;D... anyways now i have to tune the thing... my spindle uses a dc brushed servo motor with the kb drive... any pointers on the setup and tuning of all this would be greatly appreciated... thanks for thr reply also...