Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:43:14 AM

Author Topic: Wiring and parameter for Tamagawa driver with mach3  (Read 10348 times)

Wiring and parameter for Tamagawa driver with mach3
« on: November 02, 2012, 06:38:32 PM »
Hello
I have 3 Tamagawa AU6550N2062 DRIVER ser. no. 20716 with 3 Tamagawa TBL-i series AC Servo Motor TS4513N1820E200 600W 200v S/NA14253, with all the cables. I attached the manual for them.
Need to set them so they can work with step/direction signal's from mach3.
I don't know exactly what i did wrong but the motor is turning half a revolution only in one direction and it's go offline.
I set the step to - forward pulse and the dir to - reverse pulse. The + forward pulse, + reverse pulse signal ar wired together to +5v com pin to the breakout board (c23 multifunctional board from cnc4pc). Maybe i need to set some parameters in the driver, but i don't have the paramater table for it(tha manual only mention about parameter's ???).

http://www.hwadong.biz/pdf/1525n4e.pdf

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Wiring and parameter for Tamagawa driver with mach3
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 07:14:15 PM »
It would seem that you do need to set a parameter to choose which Position mode you want to use (there are 3 options) I had a look for a manual and didnt see one so maybe your best chance would be to email Tamagawa and ask if they can send you a parameter list.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 07:22:24 PM »
I  try to contact tamagawa several times but with no luck:(
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 07:23:50 PM »
i need to figure this by guessing, maybe a similar servo driver can provide the parameter list

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 08:02:14 PM »
I do not think they will do step/dir directly. I see analog and cw/ccw control.  You MAY be able to find a step/dir - cw/ccw converter board to do the deal.

The dir pin would drive the flip flop for cw/ccw and the step would provide the pulses.

Just a thought(;-) TP

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 05:10:30 AM »
I do not think they will do step/dir directly. I see analog and cw/ccw control.  You MAY be able to find a step/dir - cw/ccw converter board to do the deal.

The dir pin would drive the flip flop for cw/ccw and the step would provide the pulses.

Just a thought(;-) TP

They can Terry, see screenshot.
Sadly no info on what parameter to change. Another document I found also suggests they can also do encoder following but again no info on how to change the parameter.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 01:10:13 PM »
Long time since i worked on my little project. But i managet to get some documentation regarding the parameters for tamagawa au6550 servo drivers. The first doc contains parameter imput method and second one contains a list of parameters for the driver's working under juki pick and place machine.
Maybe someone can help me to find the right parameters for step and direction imput.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 01:31:35 PM »
What you have does not define what all the parameter settings are, it just gives the ones for THAT machine.

(;-) TP

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 01:34:11 PM »
it gived me an idea how the parameter's work and how to imput them....
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 02:33:58 PM »
 One step forward!
I managed to start the motors from mach3. With a step/dir to cw/ccw convertor made from this schematic.
But now when i try to go forward (let's say A+, but just one step in mach) the motors start's and do not stop, if i "press again"A+" the motor rotates faster, and so on...; the same thing happens in the reverse direction "A-". The good thing is the motor is running very smoothly.
Maybe i set something wrong in mach3 or the frequency is wrong.