Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:20:10 PM

Author Topic: Plasma Consumable Tracking  (Read 40688 times)

Re: Plasma Consumable Tracking
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2012, 04:24:48 PM »
Have you ever tried the OemDro(118) "Coordinate System Rotation Angle X/Y (G68) " ? Seems all you need to do is do a quick calculation of the angle offset with a protractor. I haven't tried yet, just asking. It is on the MDI page left lower side.

GL
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 04:28:53 PM by scbrniddvl »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2012, 04:43:14 PM »
YEs the DRO works fine IF you know the angle. I let mach3 do the math and calculate and set the angle. No protractor needed(;-)  A loose protractor around teh shop would last about 30 secs before it dissappeared or was melted into a blob.

On your script what happens IF you have a home offset set or are using a fixture offset ?? (;-)

Looks like you have the nack for this (;-)  GET IT DONE

Now you need room for about a hundred buttons (;-) MY keyboard has 24 Fkeys and with Ctrl/Fkeys that is 48 function keys and with Ctrl/ALt/Fkeys that is 96 functions? 

(;-) TP

(;-) TP

« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2012, 04:49:44 PM »
LOL, Things do have a habit of disappearing, especial if they are cool. I see what you mean about the offset and such, just messing around with stuff while I learn. "F" that kind of keyboard, lol I have enough problems with a standard on. More power to you. Like I said " You be the Guru" .

GL

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2012, 05:18:06 PM »
OH NO you have gotten started NOW.

It is all fun when you have time to play with it.  I am still working on a sure fire way to interact Gcode and VB with each other. THEN we will have the cat by the tail.

BUT I hope that MACH4 will cure most of those ills, maybe,hopefully, fingers crossed

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2012, 05:20:38 PM »
OK It is coming up on tuesday again what do we work on next?

(;-) TP
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2012, 05:20:50 PM »
Would be nice. Is there any word on how it's coming or expect release date?

GL
« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2012, 05:24:11 PM »
Might have to wait till next Tuesday, have to drive up to NY for a wedding Friday and be back Sunday.
Wife's relatives.
You can send me anything you want anytime you want. LOL

GL

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2012, 08:20:17 PM »
OK since you are lally gagging next week think about this function.

MidProgram,  Stop torch, move off position to clean or replace consumabes then auto restart back at the same position, refire the torch and resume cutting.

You get 2 buttons for this one. 1 if you are clever and have the right Mach3 version/OS.

(;-) TP
« Reply #128 on: November 05, 2012, 09:09:09 PM »
Oh, now your challenging me. That's not fair. lol But I'll give it a try. And think of a challenge for you. You should have begun this post by addressing me as "Grasshopper" lol

Thanks

GL
« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2012, 02:55:16 PM »
Ok TP,  I'm back. I had to replace my complete Z axis linear actuator. So I have been making brackets, drilling, tapping, testing and calibrating for the last couple of days. I have been thinking about the challenge. Do you want to stop mid-cut? I don't think that would work very well depending on what is being cut. I would think waiting until the next M5 (torch off) code is run would be more desirable. Although I could see the possible need to do it mid-cut. Either way is possible, I think. lol I have been looking through some of the commands in Mach, G-code and script, and it shouldn't be to difficult. I am going to start on it tonite. I had to get my system operating so I can test things. So how have you been doing? I am still thinking of something to challenge you with. LOL. Ok, I have to get busy, talk to you soon.

Thanks

GL
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 02:58:33 PM by scbrniddvl »