Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:29:31 AM

Author Topic: Plasma Consumable Tracking  (Read 40416 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Plasma Consumable Tracking
« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2012, 11:03:50 PM »
THere IS a piece of OLD software for transfering pages from screenset to screenset for MACH3 it was written years ago AND works very well. I'll dig it out it could become VERY usefull these days.

(;-) TP
« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2012, 11:12:52 PM »
Sure why not, if your offering.  ;D So how is things going with you, is the shop keeping you busy? Basically I just got done doing a minor rebuild of my CNC plasma. Limited funds keep me from doing the things I would like to do. The wife is deployed with FEMA and we have a 17 year old daughter that keeps me hoping. I really appreciate the help Terry, and playing with this stuff keeps my mind off other things.

Thanks

GL
« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2012, 11:14:44 PM »
Sure on the file reader, I don't really think I can justify the Barcode add on. But I appreciate the offer.

GL

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2012, 11:45:35 PM »
Do you ever need to do G68 coord rotation.  That is where you can ROTATE MACh3 coord base to make it fit the material . NOW IF you use the G28.1 method of TOM then it will not work BUT if you use the G31 method of TOM it works fine.

How we use this is with jobs that require you to cut say 5 pieces of  the same artsy work AND you need to use up some drops. I cut the first piece and use it as a pattern to find another spot on the sheet that may be used. I lay the pattern on the material and rotate it until it fits and draw a line on the RH side extents of the part this show how much it needs to rotate.  The Script allows you to set teh 0,0 point and then move to a point on the drawn line. It then calculates what ANGLE that LINE is and applies it to the corrd rotation angle. Then if you need to verify it  run the part preveiw routine to verify that it will cut .

It works good on LARGE sheets on the table that cannot be rotated very far if any.

YEP the barcode is NOT for everyone .Here it works good because I can give them a stack of cuts to make and all they have to do is scan in the barcode to load the program. It save them having to find the program to load.  AND a lot of times teh filenames are very similar and easy to use the wrong filename.

NOW WHAT do you need to make you life easier??? MACH# wise that is.

(;-) TP
« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2012, 11:55:22 PM »
The G68 rotation sounds like something I could use. I predominantly use G28.1 but us old dogs can hunt. lol  I do a lot of big sheet stuff and would definitely save the old back moving a sheet around or time trying to do it by modifying a drawing. Sounds good.
Unless your a judge or a very generous millionaire, that will do it. lol

Thanks
GL

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2012, 09:43:35 AM »
Here is the software.

« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2012, 06:28:34 PM »
Hey TP,
Was playing around with the Auto-Scale Macro and came up with a slight change that takes less input from the operator. Since the MaxX is already stored in the OemDro(59) after the program is loaded, why have the operator enter it. If it is shown in a MsgBox for reference, then the operator doesn't have to refer to another screen.
This is what I came up with:

'Macro M3004 Auto Scale Start buttom
Dim Size1 As Double
Dim Size2 As Double
Dim Scale As Double
Dim XSize1 As String

XSize1= cStr(GetOemDRO(10))
MsgBox "Current Size is: " & XSize1 'Shows what the current MaxX value for OemDro(59)
Size1 = GetOemDro(10)   'Gets the current size  
Size2 = Question("New Size ?")      'Asks for the NEW scaled size
While Ismoving()
Wend
Scale = (Size2/Size1)         'Calculates the scale factor
While Ismoving()
Wend
SetOemDro(59,Scale)         'Set the X axis scale factor
While Ismoving()
Wend
SetOemDro(60,Scale)         'Set the Y axis scale factor
While Ismoving()
Wend
DoOemButton(160)         'REGEN the toolpath display
While Ismoving()
Sleep(100)
Wend

End

Just messing around, what do you think?

GL
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 06:40:38 PM by scbrniddvl »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2012, 06:40:58 PM »
THought that too at first BUT IF the OP did not set 0,0 then the extents can be WAY OFF from what it really is.

IF you load a program and the table is at say X30Y50 MACHs calculation of extents includes the amount it is off from 0,0.

I forget that on my main screen there is a PART size DRO that tells the size of X and the size of Y of the part based on extents BUT that depends on the Machine setting at 0,0 to be accurate, ALSO I have in the Gcode comments the Part size from Scam. IF the 2 do not jive +/- then something is wrong. Normally the machine is not at 0,0.

Then I can look at the sizes and deside which axis is the master to control the scaling as BOTH axis have to be scale the same amount to maintain the same aspect ratio AND if you try to do only one MACH3 will error out on Circles as it would produce an elispe and MACH3 will not allow that with scaling. AND it shouldn't.

AND remember that YOU decide which axis is the master for scaling. Could be X OR it could be Y. Just depends on what you need it to do.

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 06:44:51 PM by BR549 »
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2012, 06:46:31 PM »
Ok, Got ya. See I told you, your the Guru. lol  I guess I am so use to Zeroing everything before I cut. Habit...

Thanks for the logical comments, I'm learning.

GL

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2012, 07:23:49 PM »
You are doing VERY well, (;-) TP