Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:38:33 PM

Author Topic: Plasma Consumable Tracking  (Read 40422 times)

Re: Plasma Consumable Tracking
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 05:34:56 PM »
I'll give it my best shot. Who knows, I'll probably learn something new. (Us old dogs are suppose  to have a problem with that. lol) I really appreciate the help.

Thanks again
GL
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 08:58:07 PM »
Thanks for all the help. I'm sure I'll need some assistance from time to time. This should be a great help. Remembering to keep a log on all that is pretty tough when your busy trying to get work done. I'll keep you posted on my progress. I'm new to the Machscreen program so I will have to learn as I go. You have been a great help so far.

Thanks
GL

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 09:28:35 PM »
IF you need help or get stuck give us a holler.

How about a preview function for plasma where you can load a program push a button and it will run(torch off)  the outside profile of the part as a preview of where it will cut. Just a simple Scam post mod AND a new screen button(;-)

I have a full bag of tricks for plasma.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012, 10:35:49 PM »
That would be cool as hell. Especially when cutting things out of scrap pieces of material. Lay it on me "Oh Guru of the G-Code"

Thanks
GL
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 11:20:20 PM »
I had a problem last week that was quite strange. I had installed Scam ver ?.?.16 (one of the newer versions) and tried to run the post processor on a very simple file that worked fine in version ?.?.14. Everything worked fine except it did not enter the switchoffset value. Then I installed version ?.?.21 and it did the same thing. Then went back to version ?.?.14 and it worked great. Got me scratching my head. Do you have any ideas?

GL
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 11:21:58 PM by scbrniddvl »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 12:01:40 AM »
Here is the process for the part preview function. Once in place you load up your Gocde file then set X0Y0 and make sure the Z is at a safe travel height. Press the preview run button. The machine will travel the outside profile of the part. When complete the program rewinds back to teh start. You can run it as many times as you like if you need to shift the metal around OR use the G68 function to rotate the program to fit the material.

When you have finished alignment just press Cycle start as normal .

I GUESS we really need to start a master Scam post for mach3 plasma with all the goodies built in.

Modify your SheetCam Post(;-)

ADD to

OnPenDown()

if  (string.find(operationName, _("Outside Offset") )) then
     post.TextDirect("o549 \n")
     post.Text (" X")
     post.Number (Sline1,"0.0000")
     post.Text(" Y")
     post.Number (Sline2,"0.0000")
     post.Eol()
   end

ADD TO  OnRapid()

Sline1 =  (endX * scale)
   Sline2 =  (endY * scale)

Mach3  PREVIEW  BUTTON macro CODE************************

'Macro To AutoPreview
Sub main()
 Msg="Is Your Z HEIGHT Safe To Travel AND X0Y0 set?"
Response = MsgBox(Msg, 4 )
If Response = 7 Then
GoTo N3:
Else
GoTo N2:
End If
N2:
Code"G1 F30"
Code"M98P549"
DoButton(0)
GoTo N4:
N3:
MsgBox("Move Z To A Safe HEIGHT OR set X0.000 ,Y0.000 And Restart")
GoTo N4:
N4:
End Sub
End

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 12:03:22 AM »
DId you verify that it KEPT the same POST when you did the update?

I alway follow the rule "IF it ain't broke and I don't need it DON"T fix it" or update it(;-)

(;-) TP
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 12:17:49 AM »
 ;D Cool new goodies... Thanks, your bound and determined to keep me busy. lol Feeling like Christmas!
As to the Scam version thing...Yeah I used the exact post processor and source dxf. Along with a couple variants of the post processor. Weird stuff. But like you said, "It ain't broke so I'm using it."

Thanks so much

GL
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 09:12:59 AM »
Terry is full of great ideas and solutions, but I guess I will just have to get used to calling him Sherry now.  ::)
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2012, 09:20:01 AM »
LOL. Terry has been great. I think he is out to be the source for Scam and Mach stuff. He has been a great help to me, not to mention is giving a lot of homework. lol I have learned so much on this forum you guys are the best.

GL