Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:56:12 AM

Author Topic: Run From Here hangs on M03  (Read 2937 times)

Run From Here hangs on M03
« on: October 19, 2012, 02:11:30 PM »
Never had much luck with Run From Here, but I thought I give it another shot.  If I stop the program, roll it back to a previous line number and hit Run From Here, it is supposed to prompt for a prep move, then after moving a second cycle start press restarts the program.  This only works if I have the Z axis inhibited.  Other wise when Mach does it's simulation run to determine the prep move, it hangs on M03...which is the code to fire the torch.

The line before that is also an M code that does a G31.  Is mach trying to simulate the G31 inside that M code? There is some code there that tells it not to run the G31 if Z is inhibited. If so, is there a way to tell it to ignore M codes during a RFH simulation run?  I have "Ignore M codes on loading" checked in general config.

Thanks

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Run From Here hangs on M03
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 02:32:42 PM »
AH I see you found the catch 22 with plasma and many of the sub fucntions such as Rehome and G31. (;-)

You cannot run the RFH IF you use the G28.1 or the G31 routines to find the top of material (TOM).  The G28.1 will actually try to run BUT your Z will end up in outerspace NOT at the top of material.

You just use the Set Next Line and then have at it. IF needed you prerun the TOM routine next to your restart point prior to restarting your cut code.
NOTE that using the SNL you must NOT try to start on a line that contains ARC data as it cannot restart in an arc.  Mach will erro out because it does not have all the arc data to run the arc.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 06:30:11 PM »
Only problem with SNL is there is no prep move, so you have to johnny on the spot with the torch button....Or shoot for a spot further back than where you want to start and light the torch when you get close to the start point.  It also appears to sending the torch back to the new start point using a feedrate move, which means it won't move unless the THC is shut off.

I like RFH better.  All you have to do it set t up so it ignores G31 if RFH is active.  RFH makes a prep move which is a rapid, so having the THC on doesn't hold it up.  I'll smoke test it on the machine tomorrow.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 07:24:46 PM »
Can you post the macro that does the ignor? I don't see the RFH automatically restarting the torch WHERE it is suppose to restart UNLESS you are going back to a before the  M3 point.

I have an auto restart routine that takes you back to the LINE before the stop point and will restart the torch and do so IN an arc BUT it is cantackerous with different versions of mach3.

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 07:28:49 PM by BR549 »
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 10:22:26 PM »
I would post the code, but it's down at the shop.  Just put the G31 code in a macro and use an if statement to ignore it if RFH is active.  I made a custom button to activate RFH and at the same time turn on an LED.  In the G31 macro, look at the led.  If it's lit, ignore the G31.

When you hit RFH, you are prompted to hit cycle start to make the prep move and the prep move dialog opens.  After the prep move it pauses again.  You can restart the torch here and hit cycle start.  I've been hitting cycle start first then lighting the torch.  If you hit cycle start the machine won't move until it sees a good arc anyway.  If you have to go back a ways before your desired start point and light the torch on the fly, then you have to shut off the THC.  The THC sort of complicates this whole RFH process.  With a mill you can just retrace an existing cut with the tool running.